It is always pain for users, when their phones lack possibility to get latest Android firmware. Same happened with ZTE Blade, which didn’t upgraded to ICS, and that pushed the disappointment to those who bought this phone. But here you came at right place, as in the due course of this article we will be checking out detailed procedure, to install CyanogenMod9 based ColdFusion X Android 4.0.4 Firmware on your device.
Apart from the few features including Panorama in Camera which is not working in this ROM, and some other functions including Video Decoding – HW is not working sometimes, so it is unable to output HQ YouTube videos. Further, according to the developer, Wi-Fi tethering is also partially working. But other required features such as WiFi, Full Hardware Acceleration with Open GL, 2G and 3G, Smooth UI, Audio, Sensors, Network, Live Wallpapers, Bluetooth, YouTube, USB Mass Storage, USB tethering, Barcode scanner, Camera and everything is reportedly working, as per developer, excluding few mentioned things I stated above.
CyanogenMod9 based ColdFusion X Android 4.0.4 ROM uses 2.6.35 Kernel, which is based on ZTE stock kernel. This ROM installation will make your ZTE Blade little fast, as it uses Full HW Acceleration, which enhances the performance more than gingerbread. Let’s look out at the procedure below, which is easy to perform.
Caution: This Tutorial we did for advanced users only, should not performed by beginners.
Disclaimer: The CyanogenMod9 based ColdFusion X Android 4.0.4 ROM is not officially released by ZTE for Blade, but it has been developed or completed with the efforts of third party developers. Since you know, or might be aware that this would void your phone’s warranty, so you should take care while installing the ROM. In clear extent, it would void the warranty of your phone, if you bought it recently or it is still in warranty period. You need to restore to Stock ROM, whenever you need to claim warranty. Further, we at TechClap.com should not be held responsible if any damage caused to your device, please try the steps at your own risk.
- Download and Install Latest ZTE Drivers from their official website. Make sure that you have ZTE Blade compatible data cable, as it is required for connectivity between phone and PC.
- Make sure to charge ZTE Blade’s battery minimum of 80% before you proceed with the Installation of Custom ICS ROM. Device should not turned of in between the procedure.
- We recommend you to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your PC, as they can create unwanted conflict during the process, so its good idea to disable them in advance for smoother process.
- It is recommended to make Backup of all data in your ZTE Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. We recommend you to make ‘NANDROID’ backup of current Stock or Custom ROM, so that you can easily restore later from the backup, if anything goes wrong with the device while attempting to Install Custom ROM Firmware in your device. You should make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Ensure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming you have prepared everything as i suggested above, let’s proceeed to the tutorial where we have mentioned steps to update the firmware.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) CyanogenMod9 ColdFusionX Custom ROM Firmware on ZTE Blade Phone
Step 1: First of everything, you need to Download the GPAPPS, and the Custom ICS ROM. Follow these links:
Step 2: Connect the phone to your computer, and then transfer both the files you downloaded in Step 1 to the root of microSD card.
Step 3: Now, you need to turn off your device, and then need to turn it on back in recovery mode. TO put the phone into recovery mode, you just need to press Volume Up and Down keys continuously until you get success.
Step 4: Once you entered itno the Recovery mode, simply select the option ‘Wipe data/ factory reset’ option and then ‘Wipe Cache Partition’.
Step 5: After deleting or wiping all the data from your device, you need to select the options ‘install zip from SD card’>Choose Zip from SD card’ and then you just need to select the File you downloaded in Step 1, and have saved in the microSD card in Step 2.
Step 6: Once selected, the system will start flashing the file, and then you need to flash GAPPS also, if you want. Same like that, after booting the phone first time into new ICS Firmware, and after waiting for at least 5 minutes in the launcher, then you need to reboot into the recovery mode.
Step 7: Now flash the GAPPS zipped file same way you did in Step 5 and Step 6. Now, just you require to reboot into the recovery. The ROM should boot, and you also recommended to wait for at least 5 minutes now, which should make ROM to make it self stable.
Congratulations! Assuming you’ve successfully done the flashing procedure, and now if you unable to do do and run into errors, simply contact the developer at respective forums. You can also comment below, and we will also do our best to resolve your query.Upgrade ZTE Blade with ColdFusionX Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich,