Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is best choice in the price range of Android powered smartphones. Among the pros of this phone, there are the lot of cons also. One of major thing this phone lacks is that, it doesn’t supports Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade. User’s are disappointed with this fact, and they have no other solution other than to use Gingerbread firmware. ICS comes with lot of effects over UI, and some other enhancements as well. If you have Galaxy Y, then you might thinking that you could not purchase this phone, because it lacks ICS Support.
We recently wrote tutorial to update Samsung Galaxy Y with Official 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware, and also root and unroot of this phone. Now, we’re back, but with something interesting. If you are sad with the fact that you can’t upgrade your phone to Android 4.0 ICS, then its time to become happy and make some good impressions on your face. If you want to get those ICS UI and looks on your Galaxy Y, then it is possible. Though, you are still unable to install Android 4.0 ICS Firmware and its proprietary features, but you can get some taste of ICS obviously. As you know Galaxy Y doesn’t have much higher specs, that’s why it didn’t received significant updates since it’s release. But you can feel the taste of ICS Looks, after you install this ROM on your phone.
Disclaimer: The ROM mentioned in this tutorial Article is not official ROM released by Samsung, but it custom developed ROM by a third-party developer, XDA member ‘thedeadlycoder’. It is to be noted that, it will not install Android 4.0 ICS Firmware on your phone, and your version would still remain to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. But your phone would get ICS looks like User Interface, which will give new look and feel to the screen of your phone. Kindly note, this ROM involves Risk and your phone can get bricked, damaged during the process. We at TechClap.com or developer should not be held responsible if anything happens to your device, you should try the steps at your own risk.
The ROM has removed Samsung Bloadware, and also added miui music Player, along with miui compass, and miui theme 10 additional analog clocks. The feel the complete look of Android 4.0 ICS, there is ICS Google Search Widget, and Zeam launcher has been provided. Despite the sleek and awesome interface, the ROM features ICS Animations, ICS Styled Apps, and many tweaks for Samsung Galaxy Y. So, you would be surely interested to install this ROM firmware in your phone, but before that please follow the Pre Requisite instructions.
- Download Latest Drivers needed, if they’re not installed, install them right now. In addition, arrange data cable also to enable connectivity of phone and computer.
- Make sure that Galaxy Y’s battery is charged 70% before starting the process or flashing the ROM.
- We recommend to Uninstall Samsung Kies, to eliminate the possible conflict while flashing the firmware of your phone, also remember that you need to restart your PC after uninstall of Kies Software.
- Disable all the Firewall or Antivirus Software in your computer, to run the process smoothly.
- You should Backup all the data, including SMS, Data, Call Logs, Contacts, APN and MMS Settings, and everything else. Becuase this process will wipe all data including ROM of your phone. You should transfer songs or videos to microSD card.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode at path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to disconnect the phone from computer to successfully enabling the USB debugging mode.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed, to flash the ROM. Otherwise, we have summed up the instructions to install ClockworkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y below, if you haven’t already installed.
Assuming that we should proceed to instructions of installing ICS look like ICS AURA V1 Custom ROM.
How to Install Android 4.0 Inspired ICS AURA V1 in Samsung Galaxy Y Phone
Step 1: If you have installed CWM recovery in your phone already, then you can skip to Step 2. Other’s please follow this step, as this is mandatory.:
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery, and copy it to root of phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your phone, and put it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up button+Home Button+Power button.
- In recovery, select the option ‘Update from SD card’, and browse and select the file CWM recovery file. This will start CWM recovery installation process.
- Go back and restart your phone. This will install CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Y.
Step 2: Now, you need to download ICS Aura v1 zip file. Download Link and save it to your computer.
Step 3: Connect your Samsung Galaxy Y phone to your computer.
Step 4: Ensure that phone is connected properly with USB cable, then Transfer the file downloaded in Step 1 to the root of your SD card.
Step 5: Switch off the phone and then Boot into the CWM recovery mode. To boot into the CWM recovery mode, you will need to press Volume up+Home+Power keys simultaneously.
Step 6: Backup the ROM for safeguard, with ‘Backup & Restore’ option, remember that you won’t need to Wipe Data or Cache to install this ROM.
Step 7: Now, you can simply select the option ‘Install zip from SD card’, then browse and select the ICS AURA zip file (From Step 1). This will start installation.
Step 8: The installation would be completed in 1-2 minutes. After that, phone will need to reboot. After phone is restarted, you will see ICS Like interface your Galaxy Y Phone. (Please check the screenshots.) Kindly note, when your phone would boot for first time, it can take some time.
Hoping you have upaded the ICS interface for your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 phone. If any problem persists, such as if in case phone won’t boot, simply remove the batter the re-insert. After that you need to follow the process again. If still you’re unable, do contact the developer at XDA.Install Android 4.0 Looks ICS AURA V1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360,