Samsung Galaxy S GT has already set much record by selling million sets within short time. Android ICS 4.0 has been launched by Samsung with Galaxy Nexus, but they have not released any official updates for other devices. Developers have created a RC release of Android ICS 4.0.3 for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Right now, I am going to tell you how to update your Samsung Galaxy S to latest custom ICS firmware.
Features of Custom Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM for GalaxyS:
- Codes are biased on original source code of Android 4.0.3 by Google.
- Google apps full suite
- All Hardware including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, GPS, Camera, FM, Wireless tethering are working
- Platypus kernel base by Zach.
- Take backup of all data including contacts, SMS, Logs, apps etc
- Charge your phone to 80%
- Install cable and phone drivers on your PC
How to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Android 4.0.3 ICS:
- First update to latest OTA firmware XXJVU and Root your phone. Now, enable USB debugging, Settings>>Application>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the option.
- Download the Android 4.0.3 Firmware for Galaxy S Here. This is a zip file, you will need to transfer this file to phone.
- Now, connect your phone to PC and copy the zip file to your SD card root. Once the copying is finished disconnect and switch off the phone.
- You have to start the phone in recovery mode. Press Volume button + Ok button at once and press the Power On button. This will start your phone and enter into Recovery Mode.
- You have to reset your Phone to Factory setting. Choose the Option “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Now Choose “Install Zip from SD card” option and select the zip file your have transferred to SD card of phone in step 3.
- The updating process will start and it will take around 15-20 minutes to update your Phone to latest Android ICS firmware. Once done select “+++Go Back+++” and “Reboot System Now”. This will reboot your Phone
- Once the phone starts you will get prompt to select language and set up your email address etc. Your Galaxy S is now running on Android IceCream Sandwich 4.0.3.
Note: If you face any errors like ForceClose or system not starting follow the 4,5,6 to clear cache and reset to factory settings. This will solve the issue.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with ICS 4.0.3 RC 4.2 Firmware?,