HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE users are enjoying Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update, through OTA (Over-the-Air) method. Though, the official update is not available for all the users. So, who will not receive OTA update, will have to get satisfaction with old firmware. But, nothing is impossible in this technological world, XDA Developer MrT69 has downloaded the OTA update technically, and then assemble it into the bootloader-flashable package. Though, users residing in reagons of Europe have received the updates, but other ones have to follow this tutorial to update the device on the same ICS firmware. The users who are outside Europe, should take care while updating with this firmware. Few or users reported that Alarm, Ringtone are not working correctly after upgrading the phone, but hopefully you will not face any issue.
Features/ Details of ROM
- Based on OTA_PYRAMID_LE_ ICS_35_S_ HTC_Europe_3.32.401.105-1.73.401.4_P_release_246589q3t6rh79ci68p68k.zip
- Update Base RUU_Pyramid_LE_HTC_Europe_1.73.401.4_Radio_10.58.9 035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2_release_220036_signed
- ROM Version: 3.32.401.105 (European Release)
- Includes Busybox 1.19.4 and Super Recovery, alongside Touch Recovery (Default).
Disclaimer/ Caution/ Warning: This is not official ROM, it is developed by third-party developer, for your comfort to enable your HTC Sensation to upgrade to the latest ICS firmware. Please note that, the ROM is based on European version of firmware, and if you are not located in Europe, then you will try the steps at your risk. TechClap.com will not be responsible if anything gets wrong with the device after following this tutorial.
- The process can erase data, so you should take care of your data. Backup your SMS, APN and MMS Settings.
- Charge the HTC Sensation or HTC Sensation XE phone to atleast 80% to ensure that you any power outage won’t occur during the process.
- Enable USB debugging on the phone. Navigate to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option.
- Disable Antivirus Software or other system tools
- Download the appropriate zip file (PG58IMG.zip) for your specific HTC Phone. HTC Sensation (Without Beats Audio) Download | HTC Sensation XE (With Beats Audio) Download
- Data cable, and latest drivers
Assuming, you have made everything ready. Now, lets proceed to the actual process, where we have summed up the procedure to Install Android 4.0 ICS Firmware into HTC Sensation Devices.
Step by Step Procedure to Install Official Android 4.0 ICS ROM on HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE
- Connect the phone to computer through USB Cable.
- Navigate to the phone’s microSD card on Computer, and find PG58IMG.zip from where you have saved the file while download.
- Copy the file to root of microSD card of Sensation device.
- Now, you can unplug the phone from your computer.
- Turn off the phone, and then reboot into recovery mode, which can be achieved by taping Vlume Down key along with Power Button. You need to pressed the Volume Down key when bootloader loading.
- Your phone should pickup the file PG58IMG.zip while booting. If incase it won’t detect, simply head over to ‘Backup and Restore, select ‘install Zip from SD Card’ followed by ‘Choose ZIP from SD card and then select PG58IMG.zip.
- The process would be started, and it will take 4-5 minutes to complete the procedure. Beware that don’t touch the device until it displays ‘Finish message’. This will flash the device to latest firmware.
Congratulations! you are now rocking latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on your HTC Sensation or HTC Sensation XE Devices.