Sony Xperia Ion users can now rejoice, as they can get their devices rooted in no time. The wait is finally over, as developers had worked on a way to root this AT&T device. Hence, finally the possibility is now opened to install any custom ROM firmware, and apps without any limit.
AT&T Sony Xperia Ion was release in June end, with the price $449.99 without any commitment, while Phone price of $99.99 with 2-year contract. The phone runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, with 12MP camera along with 3D speep panorama mode. Further it leashed with a 4.6-inch HD reality display which features Mobile BRAVIA engine. The phone is scheduled to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update, and probably Android 4.1 Jelly Bean also.
In the due course of this article, we will be checking out detailed process, to easily get root acess on your Sony Xperia Ion device.
Disclaimer: Rooting of your AT&T Sony Xperia Ion device would void it’s warranty, as it is against company’s terms and conditions of warranty. Further, this is risky process, and can damage your device or brick it in between the process, if things doesn’t go smooth as usual. Please try at your own risk, as we at TechClap.com or developer should not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device.
- It is suggested to you to Backup all data in your Sony Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything goes wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Download and Install Latest Sony Drivers from their official website. Also arrange data cable, which is required for PC and Tablet connectivity.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least 80% before you go through the rooting process, so that it won’t get shut down in half of the process.
- It is suggested to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will make sure that no conflict will happen.
- USB Debugging Mode should be must that is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming you’ve followed everything, not let’s proceed to the quick and easy Instructions to Root your Xperia Ion easily with just the matter of few steps.
How to Root Sony Xperia Ion AT&T Phone with Easy Steps
Step 1: First of all, you need to unlock bootloader of your device, which can be done easily from these instructions.
Step 2: After you have unlocked bootloader of the device, then you must download Insecure Kernel, based on the firmware you have installe d into your device, as follows:
Step 3: Now, download Xperia Ion Rooting package to the computer, then extract the same in your computer. Download Link (Fastboot).
Step 4: Now extract the Fastboot files (from Step 3) to your computer, then turn it off and turn on with pressing Power button.
Step 5: Now, you must reboot your phone into Fastboot mode, for that you need to connect it to your PC. To enter the Fastboot mode, firstly open the command prompt and then run the commands:
fastboot flash boot rootingfile.elf
(Replace ‘rootingfile‘ above with proper word).
Step 6: Now, just after your device finishes installing Insecure Kernel, then just disconnect phone from computer, and reboot the phone.
Step 7: Make sure that you have extracted files of Fastboot in Step 3, then proceed with next step.
Step 8: Now, browse the location, where you had extracted rooting package. Then just double click on the file .bat provided in the package to root your phone.
Congratulations! You’ve just rooted your AT&T Sony Xperia Ion easily. Now you can install any custom ROM firmware, and also those apps which require root access. If Superuser asks for permission, the select ‘Accept’ and also ensure to verify that your device is rooted or not, with the Root Checker App. If your device got stucked at the boot screen or Sony Logo, then you need to flash the firmware once again, while following each step carefully.Root AT&T Sony Xperia Ion Android Phone with Easy Tutorial,