Rooting your Micromax A116 Canvas HD most likely is most essential job, which you were amenable to find out it is possible. Now, you can root your Micromax A116 with few steps. You can take advantage of Micromax A116 Canvas HD’s Quad-core processor, and unlock the all applications, which require root access.
Micromax A116 is certainly most favorable mobile phone at all times, from Micromax. Over 10,000 units sold fortnight, and Micromax had to raise the price of the handset recently, to comply with the demand. The A116 is now available across various online retailers, and offline stores. It took 3 months to make available the handset in the retail market. Since the launch, Micromax was only selling the device through online retailer, SnapDeal, which is an official partner for the launch.
If you wish to root your Micromax A116, then just go through the detailed process we’ve discussed below in this article.
Disclaimer: Rooting is not officially recommended, since Manufacturers always lock operating system files in the device. We at TechClap.com and developer should not be held responsible if any damage caused to your device, during or after the process. Please note that, Rooting may void the warranty of your phone, and you will need to unroot the device, whenever you require to claim the warranty again.
- Download and Install Latest Micromax Drivers from here (Download Link). Make sure that you have kept Micromax A116 Canvas HD compatible data cable, as it is required for connectivity between phone and PC.
- Make sure to charge Canvas HD’s battery minimum of 80% before you proceed with the Installation of CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery). Device should not turned of in between the procedure.
- We recommend you to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your PC, as they can create unwanted conflict during the process, so its good idea to disable them in advance for smoother process.
- It is recommended to make Backup of all data in your Micromax A116 Canvas HD Phone:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. We recommend you to make ‘NANDROID’ backup of current Stock or Custom ROM, so that you can easily restore later from the backup, if anything goes wrong with the device while attempting to Install Custom ROM Firmware in your device. You should make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Ensure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Now, if you’ve followed everything i have stated above, then now it’s time to continue with the process of rooting. We’ve made steps easy, so that even beginners can follow them easily.
Steps to Root Micromax A116 Canvas HD
Step 2: You must download the rooting package files for the process.
Step 3: Connect your Micromax A116 Canvas HD to the computer using the data cable. Make sure drivers are installed in your PC.
Step 4: Browse the phone’s SD card in your computer, and then copy the files you’ve downloaded in Step 2.
Step 5: Remove the SIM card, battery, microSD card from your phone.
Step 6: Now, turn off the phone, and then reboot into the ClockworkMod recovery.
Step 7: After shutting down the phone, then just press Volume Up+Down+Power button simultaneously.
Step 8: After your device booted into the CWM recovery mode, then you must do the following:
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- Advanced>wipe dalvik cache
Step 9: Next, just move to the option Install zip from sdcard and then flash both the files downloaded in Step 2. These files are Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zipand su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip
Step 10: After flashing got finished in the Step 9, then it’s time to reboot the device. Just hit the option reboot system now your device should be successfully rooted.
Step 11: After flashing, simple click on reboot system now and you should be rooted.
Congrats! You’ve gained root access on your Micromax A116 Canvas HD. If you’ve any doubt, regarding if your device is rooted or not, then you can confirm the same with a application. Just download the Root Checker App from Google Play and check whether device is rooted or not.Guide to Root Micromax A116 Canvas HD Smartphone,