Panasonic has expanded its popular ‘Toughbook’ series with announcing the launch of Toughbook CF-H2. It has lightweight and rugged design with handle.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-H2 is a more than a just a Tablet, as it is designed for ‘Rough and Tough’ environment especially for field workers. The second generation of rugged tablet PC is claimed to be ease of use, equipped with connectivity and productivity features that are designed for harsh environment, as ‘Toughbook’ is known for. This tablet provides constant access to applications and business data to people who work in workshops, rail and aviation, sales and market research etc. fields.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-H2 is fully fanless device; it maintains lowest temperature using its heat dissipation system. Available in dual touch (digitizer and touchscreen) model, the Toughbook CF-H2 is equipped with enhanced screen visibility screen, that delivers brightness for optimum viewing as per conditions. The 10.1” display of this tablet is equipped with Panasonic Transflective Plus Technology that helps to reduce power consumption and increase battery life. Further, the Circular Polarize integrated with this screen reduces the reflection.
What’s so special about this tablet? Let’s look at Salient Features and Specifications of Panasonic Toughbook CF-H2:
- Preloaded Windows 7 Operating System
- Intel Core i5-2557M (1.7GHz) Ultra Low Voltage processor with vPro the Intel HD 3000 graphics for enhanced multimedia capabilities, 400% improved performance over its predecessor CF-H1.
- 2GB RAM integrated and supports expandable up to 8GB.
- 160GB Hard disk drive and supports 128GB SSD (Optional).
- 2.0Megapixel camera with LED light to take photos in the field and every environment.
- Integrated USB 2.0, LAN (optional 2nd USB2.0 port in lieu of LAN port) connectivity so that field workers can connect devices and peripherals to record information.
- WLAN, 3G (Optional), Bluetooth and GPS (Optional) enables users to access Internet. The
- Optional fingerprint reader for security and user authentication.
- Optional Smartcard/RFID reader that is sealed with protection and security. Ericsson F5521gw HSPA+ module with wireless ready connection manager can be integrated as an option, that can increase download speeds significantly up to 21Mbps.
- 6.5 hours of battery backup with Panasonic twin-batteries. The both batteries charges at same time while tablet is running. The rapid parallel mode helps batteries to charge in only about 3 hours.
- Panasonic Power Management Utilities technology to enhance the power efficiency by managing the power required by all resources including CPU, depends on the task. Panasonic’s Quick Boot Manager for faster boot-up time.
- Panasonic anti-scratch coating outside; and Magnesium alloy casing inside.
- Damping and rugged casing systems top optimize drop protection.
- Panasonic foam packing system and HDD heater provide optimum ingress protection.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-H2 is fully backward compatible with CF-H1 peripherals. The company has also announced the they’ll introduce the CF-H2 Health model soon that will optimized for health industry. Thought, full details yet to announce for Health model.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-h2 is now available at suggested retail price of €2119 (Approx $2,967/ Rs. 132,280). There is no word from the company when they’ll launch Toughbook CF-H2 Tablet in India.Panasonic Toughbook CF-H2 Tablet – Features and Specs,