Install Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on LG Prada 3.0 P940 Phone
Since Android 4.1 Jelly Bean available for some devices and others are getting scheduled to get upgraded. But, most of the phones were still waiting for arrival of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The update released in Germany, but it would get released to other countries in coming days. Though, this update is an OTA, and available only in Germany, but if you are located in other countries, then you can try to upgrade as well.
The latest Firmware for LG Prada 3.0 P940 is based on Android 4.0 .4 ICS, which was recent version before Android 4.1 JB. If you have this phone, then you can try to check in LG Mobile Support Tool in the PC. This update is better one, and will enhance the overall speed and stability of your phone, over your previous firmware. If you can’t update over OTA, then you came at right place. In the due course of this article, we are going to check out the critical steps to update your phone to latest firmware.
Disclaimer: This firmware is officially released by company, and doesn’t void warranty of Germany Users. If you’re located outside Germany, then we’re not sure if you can still claim warranty, as update is not optimized for other countries. Please be aware that your device can get damaged or bricked during the process, we at TechClap.com are not responsible for any harm caused to your device, by following this Tutorial. Please try the steps at your own risk.
- It is suggested to you to Backup all data in your LG Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything goes wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Download and Install Latest LG Drivers from their official website. Also arrange data cable, which is required for PC and Tablet connectivity.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least 80% before you go through the rooting process, so that it won’t get shut down in half of the process.
- It is suggested to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will make sure that no conflict will happen.
- USB Debugging Mode should be must that is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming you’ve followed everything, not let’s proceed to the detailed Instructions to Flash latest Official ICS Firmware on LG Prada 3.0 P940 Phone easily with few steps.
How to Install Official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Firmware on LG Prada 3.0 P940 Phone
Step 1: Download appropriate Flash Package for your LG Prada P940. Download Link (Korian Rice P940 – SK Ver. Android 4.0.4). Extract this file to your computer. Then you must uninstall all the existing LG Drivers, and then restart your Computer.
Step 2: Now after PC Gets restart, navigate to the Drivers Folder, and Install LG Mobile Driver from .exe file provided in the package, which you extracted in Step 1.
Step 3: Then, go to the Server Folder and then launch the file ‘shttp3.exe’ and accept agreement, check the options of ‘Update Entry in Main Menu’ and ‘Add to Startup’. You can set any password here, and then click on ‘Install’.
Step 4: Now, you can start ‘Small HTTP Server’ from Start Menu of Windows, then you may see the ‘Settings’ icon on Taskbar, then select HTTP tab and change port to ‘9002’, then click ‘OK’.
Step 5: Now, navigate to the path in your PC, which is C:\shttps. After opening simply copy the Contents which located in WWW folder, simply to the C:\shttps\www. After doing that simply go to the path ‘C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc’, then do the following:
- Copy ‘hosts’ file located in ‘C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc’ to ‘ORIG’ folder which is located in ‘HOSTS’ folder in flash package folder, which was extracted in Step 1.
- Now, you must delete the Hosts file in ‘C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc’.
- Now, you need to copy ‘hosts’ file from Flash Package Folder’s ‘MOD Folder’ to the ‘C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc’.
Step 6: Now, navigate to the Flash Package directory and open the ‘Software’ folder, and then install ‘B2CAppSetup.exe’ file. After that simply go to ‘FLASHING’ folder and then run ‘Windows Enabler’exe’, and turn it ‘ON’ from the Taskbar. Then go back to FLASHING folder and install ‘msxml.msi’.
Step 7: Now, open the Device Manager in your PC, and then Disconnect phone from computer, and then remove battery. You must check active ‘COM Ports’ in the Device Manager, and then you can continue to next step.
Step 8: Now, you have to boot your Prada 3.0 phone into Download Mode. Firstly, connect the phone co computer, without battery, and hold the two buttons ‘Volume UP and Power’, and at the same time insert battery and phone would vibrate for about 2-3 seconds. Now check any new ‘COM Port’ in Device manager. If no new COM Port appearing, you can try Step 8 once again.
Step 9: Now again go to the Flashing folder, and run the ‘UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe’. On the interface, please change the product type to ‘3GQCT’ and change Phone Mode to ‘Emergency’.
Step 10: Now, on same interface of Flash Tool, Go to .kdz file downloaded in Step 1, by clicking on ‘Select kdz file’. After that click on the ‘Normal web upgrade test>Upgrade Start>Select Country & Language>Country: Different Country>Change Language>OK. Now interface have started flashing the firmware on your phone. You should not change anything, and do not disconnect phone from computer as of now.
Note: If phone gets automated reboot after Step 10, then your phone LG Prada 3.0 P940 will get boot into the Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware. So, if your phone booted in the latest firmware successfully, then you’re lucky enough and enjoy the firmware. Otherwise, you will have to put your phone into recovery mode and then have to do ‘wipe data/ factory rest’. Do let’s know if you need further help in comments section below.
Install Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on LG Prada 3.0 P940 Phone,