Update Sony XPERIA Ray ST18a/i to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware
Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray ST18a/i phone users can now enjoy, and have their bugs fixed with previous ICS update. They can now upgrade their device to latest Official Android 4.0.4 FW 4.1.B.0.431. Though, Sony is not providing this update through OTA (Over to the Air), but you need to update it manually through flash tool.
Xperia RAY was unveiled in August 2011, with Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System and running on Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon 1GHz Scorpion processor. It equipped with Adreno 205 Graphics Processor, and with support of up to 720p HD Video recording with it’s 8MP camera. It also supports Adobe Flash, Stereo FM Radio with RS, and provides good enough battery backup.
Hence, XPERIA Ray users you can have smile on their face now, because you will enjoy latest Android 4.0.4 Upgrade officially from Sony, in the due course of this article. It is worth mentioning that this is not third party firmware, but it is official one released by Sony. We’ve prepared easy steps for your update your handset to the latest OS, which will fix many bugs, and also reportedly improves battery backup, and also enhances the overall features provided in the firmware.
In this article, we will be checking out on how you can update your phone to latest software release, please follow everything carefully.
Disclaimer: Even though, this is official update leak, but it should be always considered as a risky procedure. If you decide to manually update your device Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray ST18a/i to latest Android 4.o.4 Build, then you are continuing at your own risk. During the process, your device can get damaged, bricked or even can become non-functional. Neither TechClap.com Nor Developer of Sony should be responsible for that case. You need to send your device to Sony Service center if you fail to update in end, if you don’t have experience to unbrick your device.
- Your XPERIA Ray should be charged minimum 80% before you continue flashing the ICS firmware on your device.
- We recommend you to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, to eliminate the possibility of any conflict.
- We suggest to make Backup of all data the Sony Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything happens wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- You need to make sure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’.
- Download and Install Latest Sony Drivers from official website. Make sure you have data Cable available and keep it near PC, which is essential to enable connectivity of PC and Phone.
In the due course of this article, we’ll guide you through the installation process of Android 4.0.4 ICS on Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray device.
Instructions to Flash/ Install latest Official Android 4.0.4 FW 4.1.B.0.431 on Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray ST18a/i Phone
Step 1: First of all, you need to Download FlashTool to flash firmware easily without much effort. Download Link (FlashTool)
Step 2: Now install the Flash Tool in your Computer, and then make sure you have five folders, Custom, Drivers, Firmwares, Loaders and X10Flasher_lib.
Step 3: Now, Download Firmware package and other files including Stock Kernel, for your Device Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray ST18a/i. (Android 4.0.4 Build Number 4.1.B.0.431), which you need to flash one by one.
- Download Link (Android 4.0.4 Firmware)
- Download Link (Stock Kernel)
- Download Link (ST18i_8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-72_baseband.ftf)
- Download Link (Deodex Patch is optional, if you need to deodex this stork ROM)
Step 4: Now, move the Firmware, to the ‘Firmwares’ folder (Step 2).
Step 5: Interface will ask you about connecting your device to the computer, in the Flashmode. To put the phone on Flash mode, firstly turn off the device, and then turn on while pressing back / volume button and now connect the USB Data cable, as device is in Flashmode mode.
Step 6: Now, on the SonyEricsson Xperia Flasher Interface, you should see the message, ‘This level is successfully initialized.’
Step 7: Now it’s time for Firmware selection. Windows will ask you about Source Folder, and it should have ‘.firmwares’ in Select a Firmware. Make sure to check that your device model is displaying ‘Device MK16i/ Version 4.1.B.0.431’.
Step 8: Make sure to check the option ‘Wipe user data’ and click ‘OK’ to proceed.
Step 9: Now, interface is preparing files for flashing, and it will display exact settings, i.e. Selected MK16i_4.1.B.0.431_Generic_Global.ftf, and Preparing files for flashing would appear.
Step 10: Now, you must disconnect your device from the computer, and then turn it off.
Step 11: Now, while pressing the back button and holding the same, Plug the USB Cable once again.
Step 12: The interface would start flashing the firmware, this process would take few minutes just, and you will be welcomed by new Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware after reboot.
That’s it! Enjoy ICS 4.0.4 on your Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray ST18a/i Device.
Update Sony XPERIA Ray ST18a/i to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware,