Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150 with Easy Tutorial
Samsung Galaxy W I8150, which is also known as Samsung Galaxy Wonder, is a mid-range Android Powered Phone. It was unveiled in August 2011, and currently available in the market. It runs on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread Operating System, and now you can successfully root the device, if you’ve not done already and looking for the same method.
For those who don’t know the specs of this phone, then let me tell you in brief. It has a 5MP Camera, which can record 720p HD Videos@30fps, and powered by 1.4 GHz Scorpion Processor. For Graphics, it has Adreno 205 GPU, and alongside features Accelerometer, proximity, compass. It supports 2G, 3G and has a weight of 114.7g. It supports Stereo FM Radio with RDS, A-GPS, Java MIDP Emulator, and also features SNS Integration. Overall, this smartphone is made good in terms of specifications.
In the due course of this article, we are going to discuss about Easy Rooting Process with Recovery method. Though, there are other methods also available, but we will suggest you this method, as we’ve tested this personally. But, please perform, every step carefully, which will ensure that in the end you will get your Samsung Galaxy W I8150 device successfully rooted. After rooting the device, you can install any Custom ROM built for Galaxy Wonder.
Disclaimer: As you might be aware already, rooting voids warranty, and not recommended in every condition. Only do rooting, if you need it really. Please note that, Rooting of your Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150 is the violation of warranty policy of Samsung. There is always possibility that your device can damaged, or your Android OS can get damaged, which we call ‘Brick’. If you don’t know how to recover your phone after bricking, and you’re not an advanced user, you should quit this guide right here. We at TechClap.com and Developers should not be held responsible if any damage caused to your device, during rooting or unrooting. You should try the steps at your own risk.
- We recommend to Disable all the Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will ensure that no possible conflict will happen.
- You need to make confirm that your phone is charged at minimum 80% before you do the rooting process, so that device don’t get turned off in between the process.
- It is also suggested to make Backup of all data in your Galaxy Woner:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You should ‘NANDROID’ backup of Stock ROM via CWM, from that backup you can easily restore ROM later, if anything goes wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Make sure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Just navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
- Download and Install Latest Samsung Drivers from their official website. Make sure that you have a data cable for Phone to PC connectivity.
- Please do check, if drivers of other devices has not installed in the PC, to make sure that it may not conflict with ADB drivers.
Assuming that you’re ready, and we are proceeding to the steps of rooting and unrooting the device, Samsung Galaxy Wonder. Please make sure that you’ve stock recovery only in the device, as reportedly you may face problem on custom or other recoveries. Also do check if your device model is GT-I8150, as this tutorial is compatible with this only.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy W (Wonder) on Stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread Firmware
How to UnRoot Samsung Galaxy W (Wonder) on Stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread Firmware
Step 1: Download the Unroot package to your computer. Download Link. Copy the file to root of microSD card of the phone.
Step 2: Now, put the phone into recovery mode.
Step 3: In recovery, select the sdcard:update.zip option and confirm the same with home button.
Step 4: Select the file ‘unroot.zip’ file from SD card, and wait for 5-10 seconds. Then press the option ‘reboot system now’. The phone will get reboot, and your device would be rooted back to factory state.
Congrats! You can now claim warranty for your Samsung Galaxy Wonder GT-I8150 Phone.
Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150 with Easy Tutorial,