Root HTC Sensation/ XE on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
If you had upgraded your HTC Sensation XE to Official Android 4.0.3 ICS Build, then you have already lost root if you have achieved on Gingerbread version. In the due course of this Tutorial article, we will be discussing about each required step to successfully rooting your HTC Sensation XE or Sensation Android Phones.
In the today’s world of mobile computing, it is necessary for expert users to root their device. As you might be aware, it will unlock the doors which were closed previously. In other words, HTC has locked many super functions, because keep unlocking these features can lead to risk of device OS damage by less experienced users. It is also worth to tell that HTC Doesn’t recommend, like any other company to root your device. It is your own decision, if you really want root access on your device.
The benefits of rooting your HTC Sensation/ XE Devices are countless. For example, after rooting your device, you can install many system apps, which can’t be installed until you have rooted your device. Thanks to XDA Developers member ‘XaQi 101’ who successfully rooted his Sensation XE Device, and have posted the same procedure on the forums. Following which, we’re here going to guide through each step required for rooting your Sensation Device. Before starting rooting process, please follow Pre Requisite or Requirements that are somewhat mandatory to follow before starting the procedure.
Disclaimer: Rooting or HTC Sensation/ XE Device would void warranty, and it is considered as a risky process. Please do root your device, if you really need to unblock the possibilities of installing any app or firmware. Please note that, you need to UnRoot your device to claim warranty back. This tutorial is more for educational purposes, and we at TechClap.com or developer won’t offer any warranty or liability of any kind against accuracy or working guarantee of this Tutorial or file. You should try the steps at your own risk, if you already know that your device can even get damaged or bricked during the procedure of rooting.
- We suggest you to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will eliminate the conflict of any kind.
- Ensure to charge the Sensation device at least 80% before you continue rooting your device.
- It is also brilliant idea to make Backup of all data the HTC Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything happens wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Please make sure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’.
- Download and Install Latest Drivers, and also keep data Cable near PC, which is mandatory and required to enable connectivity of PC and Phone.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be already Installed on the device, but if you have not installed, kindly follow Step 4 below.
Assuming that you have followed every requirement above, lets move formward, where we have summed up instructions to Root your HTC Sensation device on ICS.
Instructions Guide to Root HTC Sensation/ XE on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware
Step 1: You need to Download Superuser-3.0.7-d-signed.zip and save them in your computer (Do not extract the zipped archives).
Step 2: Connect your HTC Sensation/ XE Device to your computer in USB Mode, and then browse to the root of the microSD card of the phone in PC, and copy/paste the both zipped files downloaded in Step 1.
Step 3: Now, you must unlock boot loader of your Sensation Phone, at HTC’s official website. For that firstly visit htcdev.com, then click the option ‘Unlock Bootloader’ and also follow the onscreen instructions. If you have already unlocked the boot loader of your phone earlier, then you can skip this step.
Step 4: Now, it’s time to reboot your phone in CMod recovery. Please note, that as mentioned in Pre Requisites, your phone must have installed Clockworkmod recovery for this purpose, as HTC’s official recovery might not always successful to flash the zipped files. If you haven’t CMod recovery installed then follows these instructions:
- You need to have Android Recovery Manger (Recommended by Developer). After installing the Android Recovery Manager, connect the phone to PC through USB Cable and then open Android Recovery Manager>Start>Download a recovery>HTC Sensation>ClockWorkMod 184.108.40.206 (Pyramid)> Select the same and follow the instructions.
Step 5: If you have installed Clockworkmod recovery on your phone, then you can continue with this step. Firstly put your Sensation phone to Recovery mode.
Step 6: In ClockworkMod recovery, select the option ‘Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card> and then select the file you have copied to your SD card’s root in Step 2.
Step 7: Confirm your action, on the screen, which will start flashing the rooting file. If you have not got success to root your device (SuperUser app is not visible?) then you might have to follow the procedure once again.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your HTC Sensation/ XE on Official Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware.