How to Root LG Optimus 3D P920 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread Firmware
LG Optimus 3D was a great Android Phone, who featured with 3D UI and Features. It shipped with Android 2.2 Froyo Operating System, and now it can be officially upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Still, the Android 4.0 ICS update has not released for this phone, but ICS based custom ROMs are in development stage, which we will be checking later.
LG Optimus 3D P920 has got a great Guide of Rooting, Flashing Recovery and more in one thread. This rooting method is one click and doesn’t require you to hard work to achieve the root on Optimus 3D. The Dual-core Android phone can be rooted, and then you can install Custom ROMs, Apps that required root access, and many more. Probably, you’ve not rooted your phone before, but now you can do it easily, as long as you follow this guide. All thanks to XDA Member ‘ManBearkPig69′, for all the development and awesome guide. After rooting the phone, you will get potential of several locked features, and you will get full power of your phone. Before that make sure to read requirements and other notes in this guide with care.
Disclaimer: Kindly note, Rooting of your LG Optimus 3D P920 would will void its warranty. Once rooted, if you will need to claim warranty of your device, you will need to flash Stock ROM again, or with unrooting. This process is also considered risky, so it is not recommended for everyone or those who are basic users.. We at TechClap.com don’t offer any warranty or liability against correctness and accuracy, or any kind on this tutorial. Your device can even get bricked or damaged, hence you will be fully responsible for any damage caused to your device due to this guide.
- Make sure that your Optimum 3D phone is charged at least 80% before you go through the rooting process, so that device won’t get turned off in between the process.
- We suggest to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will assure from any possible conflict.
- It is also recommended to make Backup of all data in Optimus 3D:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything goes wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Download and Install Latest LG Drivers from their official website. Make sure that you have a data cable for Phone to PC connectivity.
- Make sure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming that you’re ready and followed every requirement above. Now, lets proceed to easiest one click guide, where we have summed up the instructions for rooting of LG Optimus 3D Device.
How to Root LG Optimus 3D P920 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread Firmware (One-Click Method)
Step 1: You need to Download Optimus 3D Rooting package and save it in your computer. Download Link.
Step 2: Now, extract the compressed file downloaded in Step 1. In the extracted files, find the file named ‘adb.exe’ in ‘megatron_windows’ folder and then run the same, this will Install ADB Drivers in few time. You can use any utility, like WinZip, WinRar for extraction of zipped files and packing them.
Step 3: Now, you need to Connect Optimus 3D the PC, with the help of USB Data cable. While connecting, make sure to disable Mass Storage Mode.
Step 4: After verifying the connectivity, simply run the file ‘run.bat’, which is a Windows batch file, and it will easily root your device easily.
Step 5: After running the ‘run.bat’ file in Step 4, confirm the action on the command prompt window, with Pressing Any Key to Continue. This process would root your Optimus 3D in few seconds time, without much effort.
Now, you can Install any app, or can install Custom ROM Firmware on you device, as you have root access now. If you are interested to checkout more guides and want to get help, head over to XDA thread.How to Root LG Optimus 3D P920 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread Firmware,