How to Upgrade Huawei MediaPad to Official Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware
Huawei MediaPad is one of Powerful Android Tablets in the market, with 1GB RAM and 1.2GHz Qualcomm dual-core processor. The tablets shipped originally with Android 3.0 Honeycomb, and can now officially upgraded to latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This upgrade would allow you to enjoy latest ICS enhancements over your tablet, and all better features and UI than Honeycomb.
Huawei has recently release Android 4.0.3 Upgrade after long time wait by users, though we recently showed you process to Upgrade Huawei MediaPad to Pre-Rooted Android 4.0 ICS. The ROM which we are going to discuss in this article, is official build, and it is not rooted. Means, if you’ve rooted your device, or have installed a custom ROM firmware on your MediaPad device, then Root access would be revoked and you will not able enjoy those apps which require root access. So, it’s your choice whether you want to go with Pre-Rooted or Stock Firmware. The official build of ICS update, has been provided with many improvements, such as a Gallery and Camera apps has been added. In the due course of this article, we will be checking how you can upgrade your Huawei MediaPad to Official Android 4.0 ICS Firmware.
Disclaimer: Although, this is official build of Firmware, but again it is risky process of Installation. Though, you will not void warranty by installing this firmware. But, it is not recommended for basic users, but it should be performed by Advanced users. Kindly note, if you device gets damaged, bricked, messed up or become non-functional after performing this update on your tablet, then you can’t blame us or anyone for that. This Tutorial is meant for Educational purpose, without any warranty or liability. Though, everything is written with care. But in the end, it will be your own responsibility and decision to Install this firmware.
- It is suggested to you to Backup all data in Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything goes wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Download and Install Latest Huawei Drivers from their official website. Also arrange data cable, which is required for PC and Tablet connectivity.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least 80% before you go through the rooting process, so that it won’t get shut down in half of the process.
- It is recommended Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will make sure that no conflict will happen.
- USB Debugging Mode should be must that is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming you’ve followed everything, not let’s proceed to the Instructions to Flash Official ICS Firmware on Huawei MediaPad.
How to Install Official Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Firmware on Huawei MediaPad Tablet
Step 1: You need to Download official Build Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for your Huawei MediaPad Device, and save it to your computer.here and extract it to your computer. Download Link.
Step 2: Now Connect your MediaPad Table to computer, through USB Data Cable.
Step 3: After connecting the device to PC, simply copy the folder ‘dload’ which will come after extraction of zipped file downloaded in Step 1. You can retry same, if device won’t get into recovery in first try.
Step 4: After entering into recovery, you will see ‘Android Robot Sign’, which will indicate that Installation process of the ROM has been started already. As soon as process gets finished in few minutes, the OK will be display instead of that Android Robot. If due to any reason, Installation haven’t got success, then you will the ‘FAIL’ notification on the screen.
Step 5: Now, after checking the either ‘OK’ or ‘FAIL’ message on the screen, remove the SD card of MediaPad, and then hold Power Button for rebooting the device. If you’ve got the ‘OK’ message then your tablet will be booted into the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware.
Congrats! You’re enjoying latest Android 4.0 ICS on your Huawei MediaPad Tablet. If you’ve got failed message, then try the Step 1 to Step 5 Again, and also check requirements once again. If you will be lucky, you will get ICS on your Tablet. Do lets know if any problem persist during the process of Installation.
How to Upgrade Huawei MediaPad to Official Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware,