How to Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
Due to high demand for Dual SIM phone in India and other countries, Samsung has unveiled Dual SIM variant of their entry-level Android Phone Galaxy Y, in the form of Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102. Though, users of Single SIM Version S5360 can Root and UnRoot their phone easily. But, dual SIM S6102 users were missing the capability to Root or Unroot their device, as Single SIM phone’s rooting method doesn’t work for ‘Duos’.
Thanks to XDA Member ‘Millan.SIS’, who made it possible to Root and UnRoot the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 phone. This method includes su binary 220.127.116.11, Chainsdd Superuser 3.0.7, Ssh, Busybox 1.19.3, and Sqlite 3. The method is easy to apply, and you can use either normal recovery method or via Clockworkmod (CWM), as per mentioned by developer. Rooting you Galaxy Y Duos would give benefit to you, as you will able to Install Custom Recoveries, Install any app which need root access, Optimize OS, flash a custom ROM Firmware and many more. No matter, what you want to do with UI or OS of your phone, you will require Root access.
In the due course of this Tutorial article, we will be checking on the requirements to follow before proceeding, along with full step by step guide. Make sure to follow everything as suggested, though we are writing about this latest Rooting method,which is simple. If you want to make backup (recommended) of your ROM, you should go with CWM Method, whose details can be found at development thread.
Disclaimer: Rooting or UnRooting your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos would void warranty, as it violates company’s warranty policy. Means, you can’t get free service from the Samsung, if you will root your phone with this tutorial. If is also should not be performed by everyone, only root your phone if you really required it. If you will go with this method, it would be your own responsibility if your device gets any damange, it become non-functional or anything happens to it. We at TechClap.com or developer should not be held responsible. It is your wish if you want to perform this method. If you’re worried about losing warranty, then UnRooting Method is also included in this tutorial, which will allow you to claim warranty back from the company.
- It is recommended that Antivirus and Firewall software are disabled in the Computer, this would make sure that no possible conflict would occurred during the process.
- You need to ensure that your Galaxy Y Duos device is charged at least 80% before you go through the rooting process, it should be take care that mobile device should not be turned off during the process.
- We recommend to make Backup of all data in your Galaxy Y Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You should make ‘NANDROID’ backup of current ROM, which will make sure that original ROM would be restored later whenever it is required. We suggest to back up your data and songs into the microSD.
- Download and Install Latest Samsung Mobile Drivers from their official website. You should have a data cable, it is required to connect phone and PC
- It is must that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming that you’ve followed everything required to root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos phone. Let’s proceed to the next section where we have summed up the instructions to root your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
How to UnRoot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
Step 1: Download unroot.zip file and save in the computer. Download Link.
Step 2: Now, you should Install all the Root apps from the device.
Step 3: Turn off the device, and reboot into recovery mode.
Step 4: Select the file ‘unroot.zip’. After flashing unroot process, you will see that Busybox remover has been added.
Note: There is a CWM Recovery Method also, whose settings you can confirm from the development thread. Please note that, you need to use these files only, when you want to root or unroot the device. If above procedure was not successful, then you can try with ‘update.zip’, ‘unroot.zip’. In CWM, do not forget to try ‘Backup & Resotre’ option and make sure to make ‘Nandroid’ backup.
How to Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102,