How to Root & UnRoot Samsung Galaxy S2 on Stock Android 4.0 ICS
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 was top-end smartphone for a while, but now it is descent phone, but we can’t consider it top Android Phone. Since, we’ve new players in same range like Sony Xperia S and HTC One X. No need to mention, but this phone has been already been blessed with latest Official Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Firmware. If you are user of this phone, and you have previously rooted this phone using existing method, then you probably know that most of them required you to flash insecure kernel.
You no longer need to flash insecure kernel, because now you can root stock ICS kernel with following this Tutorial. All Thanks to XDA Member Rachmat3 for this easy method. Developer has fixed several issues, in new release. This method has been tested on Stock 4.0.3 LPH and LPQ ROM Firmwares. Few of members tested this on stock XXLPB and other versions. Be aware that this method might not work on all firmwares for every regions, so you should check with your local version, if this is working for you or not. If you will be lucky to Root your Samsung Galaxy SII, then you will be able to Install any Custom Recovery or Custom ROM Firmware on your phone. This would bring latest and new features to your phone, and you will also run those apps who requires a rooted device.
Disclaimer: Please note that, Rooting of your Samsung Galaxy S2 should not be done or needed by beginners. It is not basic process, but required in some advanced tasks. Kindly note, Rooting is against Samsung’s warranty policy, and it voids warranty, so you will no longer able to claim warranty after following and applying the process mentioned in this Tutorial. This process is also risky, so you should not try if you won’t need it. We at TechClap.com don’t offer any warranty or liability against correctness and accuracy, or any kind on this tutorial. Your device can get damaged, you will be fully responsible for any damaged caused to your device. If you’re thinking that you will loss your phone’s warranty, then UnRooting Method included also in this tutorial for convenience, which will enable you to claim warranty once again, if you rooted your device and need to get warranty.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S2 device is charged at minimum of 80% before you go through the rooting process, it is must that device should not turned of during the process.
- We recommend to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, this will assure from any possible conflict.
- We recommend to make Backup of all data in your Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. It is advised to make ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything happens wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Download and Install Latest Samsung Mobile Drivers from their official website. You should also arrange data cable, which is required to connect phone and PC
- USB Debugging Mode should be Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
I hope that you’ve followed requirements to root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. Let’s proceed to the next section where we have summed up the instructions to root your S2 on ICS Stock Firmware. You will need CWM Recovery installed in your device, otherwise you can follow our below instructions to Install the same.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 on Stock ICS Firmware without Flashing UnSecure Kernel
You can save these files to your computer, but do not extract these files as of now.
Step 2: Now, connect your phone to the computer, and browse and save the file you downloaded in Step 1.
Step 3: Now, you must turn off the phone and reboot into recovery mode. Too put the phone to recovery mode, press and hold Power + Volume Up + Home Keys together, before the Samsung logo appears on the display.
Step 4: Now, simply select ‘apply update from external storage’, and then do choose the ‘CWM.zip’ file.
Step 5: Then select the option ‘Install zip from sdcard’ and then choose the SU-Busybox-Installer.zip
Step 6: You have now finished the process, and your phone should be rebooted now. Select option ‘Reboot System Now’.
After the reboot, your device has been rooted and superuser app has been Installed. If you want to unroot your phone, follow the following tutorial:
How to UnRoot Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 on Stock ICS Firmware without Flashing UnSecure Kernel
Step 1: Download these files, save them on your computer, and then put them into the root of your phone’s SD card:
Step 2: Connect the phone to computer, and then save the files you downloaded in the root of SD card.
Step 3: You can reboot into the recovery mode now. Then choose the option ‘apply update from external storage’.
Step 4: You can select the files CWM.zip (If ClockworkMod Recovery already not installed. If installed, you can skip to Step 5.
Step 5: Select option ‘install zip rom sd card’ and then choose the file ‘SU-Uninstaller-Signed.zip.
Step 6: Now Select the option ‘Reboot System Now’. This will reboot your system, and will Unroot your device.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted or unrooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Phone. In this tutorial, you didn’t need flash unsecure kernel. Do contact the developer here if you faced any serious issue.
How to Root & UnRoot Samsung Galaxy S2 on Stock Android 4.0 ICS,