Upgrade ZTE Skate with ColdFusionX Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
ZTE Skate was a Smartphone, which is not so much popular in the vast growing number of Android Devices. But, it is a beautiful phone with awesome exterior. The phone was firstly launched during Mobile World Congress 2011, and become available in September 2011. Nowadays this phone is available in market for purchase, but again there are not so much people interested to purchase this phone.
The ZTE Skate was originally shipping with Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System, and runs on a powerful 800 MHz processor. Along with a 5MP camera with Dual LED Flash, 32GB microSD card support and with 512MB RAM, the phone is enough to run latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System.
Though, we don’t have official information if this phone would receive official ICS update or not. If you are user of this phone, then you probably want to upgrade your phone to latest Android build. You can obviously upgrade your ZTE Skate device to latest Android 4.0.4 Firmware now, but with Custom ROM named ‘ColdFusionX’ which is CyanogenMod9 based. This CM9 based ROM includes 2.6.35 kernel, which is based on ZTE stock kernel, and this ROM make use of Full HW (Hardware) acceleration for faster and smoother system performance. The ROM has been developed by ’tilal6991′, who made this project possible in association with CM Team, Tom Giordano, Sywave, Tom B, and all the members of ICS4Blade Team. This ROM has been very well-tested by community of developers and testers, and looking like a stable ROM.
Before in older versions, this ROM had a problem of ‘ZTE Parts Crash’ which is fixed in latest release, alongside other bugs. The Kernel has been upgrade, and new ROM reportedly developers enhanced performance. The Bluetooth would be fixed in next release, but this build is faster and smoother now. In this article, you will learn Easy way to Install Android 4.0.4 based ColdFusionX CM9 Custom ROM Firmware on your ZTE Skate Android phone. So let’s proceed with the tutorial with easy instructions.
Disclaimer: It is not be noted that this is not official Firmware for your ZTE Skate, actually this is Custom ROM released and developed by third party developers. If you will proceed with the installation of this ICS ROM, your warranty would be void, and you will not able to claim warranty anymore from the ZTE. The installation of this Custom ROM firmware for your ZTE device also involves risk, and in which you device can stop working, it can be bricked or damaged during the process if anything goes wrong. Please note that, we at TechClap.com should not be held liable or responsible for any damage to your device by using this Tutorial, it will be your own risk and responsibility to try this firmware on your ZTE phone.
- Download and Install Latest ZTE Drivers from their official website. Make sure that you have ZTE Skate compatible data cable, as it is required for connectivity between phone and PC.
- Make sure to charge ZTE Skate’s battery minimum of 80% before you proceed with the Installation of Custom ICS ROM. Device should not turned of in between the procedure.
- We recommend you to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your PC, as they can create unwanted conflict during the process, so its good idea to disable them in advance for smoother process.
- It is recommended to make Backup of all data in your ZTE Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. We recommend you to make ‘NANDROID’ backup of current Stock or Custom ROM, so that you can easily restore later from the backup, if anything goes wrong with the device while attempting to Install Custom ROM Firmware in your device. You should make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- Ensure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You have to disconnect your phone from computer, it is must to enable USB debugging mode.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) CyanogenMod9 ColdFusionX Custom ROM Firmware on ZTE Skate Device
Step 1: Download the Latest version of GAPPs and ICS FusionX ROM From this link.
Step 2: Connect the phone to computer, make sure that you have installed Latest version of Drivers and you have data cable available.
Step 3: Now, browse the Phone’s microSD card and copy the files Downloaded in Step 1 to root of the SD card.
Step 4: It is must that Clockworkmodrecovery is Installed. Then you need to simply boot into the CWM Recovery. To enter into the CWM Recovery mode, first turn off the device, and then reboot while pressing and holding Home+Volume Down+Power Keys together before the display shows something.
Step 5: In CWM Recovery mode, after entry you should make backup if already not backup up, with the option ‘Backup & Restore’. Otherwise, if you made backup, then skip to Step 6.
Step 6: Now, its time to clean wipe your phone. In same CWM Recovery mode, proceed with the options Wipe data/factory reset>Wipe cache partition.
Step 7: Now we will be flashing ROM and patches. Select the options ‘Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card’ and select the ROM Firmware file you have downloaded in Step 1. The process would take 3-4 minutes hardly to complete.
Step 8: After system would get reboot, you will be welcome by new Interface of ICS. But you need to flash Gapps files now, lets follow that process.
Step 9: Now, you need to flash GAPPS.zip file. Follow the same instructions of Step 7, and then reboot the phone. The launcher would get stabilize in 5 minutes. Now, you have completed the Installation.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your ZTE Skate Phone to Latest Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware. Do post here if you faced any issue during the process.
Upgrade ZTE Skate with ColdFusionX Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich,