Upgrade Motorola Photon 4G with Android 4.0.3 MIUI v4 ICS Firmware
Motorola Photon 4G has already scheduled to get official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich soon in near future. Probably Q3 will be the time, when ICS update would be rolled out for this phone. This phone was originally announced in August 2011, and shipped with Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System. Though, Gingerbread operating system is enough for most users, but advanced users obviously wanted to update to ICS for sure.
Motorola Photon 4G runs on a 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 Processor, and boasts of a 4.3-inch qHD display. The phone provides both 3G and 4G connectivity, alongside, Wi-Fi obviously supported. The camera is of 8 MP with Dual LED Flash, which makes it rank among top android phones. The 16GB internal memory is good enough, but 32GB expandable memory support is mostly required by those who want to store huge number of songs or data in their phone
Since, Official update will take time, but unofficial Custom ROMs has started their appearance few months back, and now they’re ready to adopt latest build of Android Operating System. Last Month an Unofficial MIUI based ROM has been launched, which is now upgraded with latest version. The ROM has been released by ‘Spleef’, who ported many compatible miui builds into this ROM. Developer ‘joker’ has also contributed into this ROM, as he provided this CM9 as a base for this ROM. Other developers like Stevendeb25, Magiman7, Jokersax11, Th3Bill, Bytethegroove, and Spleef together made this MIUI v4 ROM possible.
The ROM was released in March initially, and now it is in almost stable state, so many issues has been fixed over the version by version. In the Due Course of this tutorial article, you will learn the steps to Install MIUI v4 Android 4.0.3.
Disclaimer: Kindly note this is not official Firmware, but it is custom ROM firmware develo0ped by third-party developer. The Official ICS Firmware for Motorola Photo 4G is due yet. The Installation of MIUI ROM Firmware on your Motorola Device would void warranty, and you will no longer able to claim warranty. You need to either stick with Stock ROM, or later you have to revert your device to Stock ROM, to claim warranty again. You should also aware that this is risky process, and you device can get bricked, damaged or can become no-functional after Installing this firmware. Please try the steps at your own risk, We at TechClap.com should not be held liable for any damage caused to your device by using this Tutorial.
- Download Latest Drivers from Motorola Drivers, and Install in your Computer. Ensure to have a Data cable, which is required for connectivity of your Phone and PC.
- Make sure that battery of Motorola Photon 4G is charged at least 80% before you going through the Installation Process of this Custom ROM Firmware, that will make sure that your Moto Device will not get turned off in between the process.
- We suggest you to Disable all the Antivirus and Firewall Software in your computer, this will ensure that process would be finished smoothly without any possible conflict.
- We recommend to make Backup of all the data in your Motorola phone:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. It is safe to make ‘NANDROID’ backup of current ROM, which you can easily restore later, if anything wrong happens with your Motorola Device after Installing this ROM. You must also transfer all songs, videos and all other data to microSD card, from the phone memory.
- USB Debugging Mode should be Enabled. To do same, navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You must disconnect Motorola Photon 4G Phone from computer, which is required to enable USB debugging mode.
Assuming you have followed above requirements, now we should move ahead, where we have summed up the Instructions to Install ICS on your phone.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Based MIUI V4 Custom ROM Firmware on Motorola Photon 4G
Upgrade Motorola Photon 4G with Android 4.0.3 MIUI v4 ICS Firmware,