Upgrade HTC Desire HD/ Inspire 4G LTE Android 4.0.4 MIUI 2.4.20
HTC Desire HD and Inspire 4G had similar specs, and there is no difference in specifications. Only Inspire 4G is improvement over the Desire HD, who done well in the Asian and other markets. Unlike Desire HD, Inspire 4G comes with 4G LTE Network Support. Actually Inspire 4G is variant of HTC Desire HD, especially for US market.
Both the phones have a same design, they’re equipped with 4.3-inch WVGA capacitive touch screen for superior graphics, and runs on 1GHz Snapdragon processor for smoother performance on Android Operating System. The phones have a 8 megapixel camera with dual LED Flash. Now, this phone can be upgraded to latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware.
HTC Desire HD and Inspire 4G has been got Official MIUI 2.4.20 ICS ROM Firmware just recently. The ROM includes Ice Cold Sandwich actually, which has been modified from original Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware. At the moment some features doesn’t work, which are expected to fixed by MIUI Team in future builds of this ROM. But, this ROM will upgrade your phone to latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware, alongside several other MIUI enhancements. The Video Camera is not working as of now, for that users have to use Videocam Illusion, which is available for download from the Google Play Store. It is also to be noted that 2.4.20 version has a bug, in which SD Card mount option doesn’t show up, though you cfan use Dual Mount SD widget or you can also use adb for same purpose.
Disclaimer: You should be aware that this is not Official Firmware released by HTC, but it is custom Firmware, developed and released by MIUI Team, who are popular third party Android ROMs developer. Though, this ROM is stable and tested as working by several developers and HTC Device users worldwide, but there is risk always involved in every ROM Installation. During the procedure, your device can get damage, brick or it can even stop working if something happens wrong during the process. You should be aware about this risky process, and you should not proceed with this tutorial if you’re a beginner. Kindly note, it will be your own responsibility, we ‘TechClap.com’ or developer are not responsible if this ROM cause any damage to your HTC device.
- Download the Latest HTC Drivers from HTC’s website and Install them in your PC. Ensure that you have data cable available which is required for connectivity between phone and the computer.
- You should ensure that battery of HTC Desire HD or Inspire 4G is charged at minimum 80% before you proceed to start the ROM Installation process, this will make sure that device won’t turn off during the process.
- You should Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your computer, to ensure the process would finish without any problem
- We suggest you to make Backup of all the data in your HTC phone:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can even make ‘NANDROID’ backup of current ROM, to easily restore later, if anything bad happens to HTC Device after using this ROM. You should also transfer all songs, videos and all other data to microSD card, from the phone memory.
- It is must the USB Debugging Mode is Enabled. To do same, navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’. You must disconnect HTC Inspire 4G LTE or Desire HD from computer, that is required to enable USB debugging mode.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cold Sandwich (ICS) MIUI Custom ROM Firmware on HTC Desire HD/ Inspire 4G LTE
Step 1: First of all, you required to Download latest Version of Android 4.0.4 ICS Based MIUI ROM 2.4.20.
Step 2: Now, download Gapps package. Download Link.
Step 3: Connect the HTC Phone to computer now with the USB Data cable, and put it intot he USB Mode.
Step 4: After connecting the phone, simply transfer the file downloaded in Step 1 to the root of SD card of phone.
Step 5: Now, simply turn off your HTC Device, and put it into the recovery mode after reboot. Firstly shut down your HTC Device and then reboot by keep pressing Volume Up and Power Button simultaneously before display shows up something.
Step 6: Following the Step 5 will enter your phone into the fastboot mode, where you can select ‘Recovery’ option.
Step 7: In the recovery mode, you must backup of your current ROM with the Backup option. Then you need to select Wipe Data/ Cache options to erase the current ROM and to Install new firmware.
Step 8: select the option ‘Install zip from SD card’ and then ‘Choose zip from SD card’ and then browse and select files of Step 1 and Step 2 (One by One). Wait after selecting one file, after finish the one installation process, then select second (Step 2) File.
Step 9: The phone has started Installation process now. The process would take few minutes and after that, you can go back to home by pressing “+++Go back+++” and then simply select the option “Reboot the system”, which will reboot the device, and will insure that Installation process has been finished. After the installation you will see new ICS Interface on your device.
Note: If you stuck into the boot screen, then you should remove the battery, re-insert and try again the Step 1 to 9 of this tutorial. Please note that this ROM doesn’t include any specific things like AOSP Gallery. This ROM has base of Ice Cold Sandwich 7.3, which is a stable release. If any problem persists, you can consult with the developers.
Upgrade HTC Desire HD/ Inspire 4G LTE Android 4.0.4 MIUI 2.4.20,