Update LG Optimus One P500 with Android 4.0 ICS UI-One MIUI ROM Firmware
LG Optimus One P500 is most successful medium range Android Smartphone by company, which has done sales in good figures. The smartphone become popular in those consumers, who prefer LG and an affordable phone. LG Optimus One P500 was originally shipped with Android 2.2 Froyo Operating System, but recently it has been upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread after LG released official update.
There is no hope anywhere, if LG Optimus One P500 would get ICS officially ever, but same can be achieved with unofficial custom ROMs developed for P500. May of ROMs are currently in development stage, and many are already available, but we don’t had any information regarding most stable ROM, but we will test once we get a chance. In the meantime, we have tested one of ROM, which is released one month ago, and getting updates. We have even tested this ROM as working perfectly on LG Optimus P500, which is reported by many users across world.
The Stable Android 4.0 ICS ROM for which we’re here talking about, is purely based on the MIUI 4.0, CM9 and CM7. In other words, it is the combination of MIUI and Cyanogen, which are most popular Android ROMs with huge number of users. The ROM features Android 4.0.3 ICS, and presented in association with Team M.A.C., which is the group of developers from the LGE Optimus One Community. Of course there are reported bugs, please have a look what is working and what is not at the moment.
What is Working:
- Full H/W Acceleration, 3D, Accelerometer Sensor
- Bluetooth, Audio, GPS, and Radio Interface (RIL) for Data, Calls, and Text Messages.
- Offline Charging, Full Touchscreen, and USB mass Storage
- All Recoveries compatibility, MIUI Native Screen application
- Wi-Fi, Google Sync, Gmail, Browser, Android Market, and Browser.
What is not Working Perfectly:
- Gallery, Camera without previews ins not working, as well as Deep Sleep has been reported as not working.
Disclaimer: Kindly note, Installation of Custom Firmware voids your Phone’s warranty, but your phone’s warranty might already expired if you purchased it long back, so there is no so much risk. But, there is risk surely involved in the process of installing Custom ICS ROM on your tablet, in which you phone can damage, brick, can become non-functional, if anything happens during the process. This ROM is compatible with LG Optimus One P500, please do not try the steps on any other model. We at TechClap.com haven’t liability or we do not offer any warranty of any kind against this method for your Tablet, please try at your own responsibility.
- Download the Latest Drivers from LG’s Website, and arrange a Data Cable
- Assure to charge your phone at minimum of 80% before proceeding with the firmware installation process.
- We suggest you to make backup of your device. It is advised to Backup SMS, call logs, contacts, pics, files, videos, Internet and APN Settings, and all other things on SD card.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone. Navigate to the path ‘settings>>Application>>Development>>USB debugging’ and Check the USB debugging option.
- Disable all the security apps including Firewall or Antivirus to foreclose the chances of conflict.
- Ensure that your Optimus One Device is Rooted already, and there is Custom Recovery Installed in the phone
Hoping that you’re ready to Install Android 4.0 ICS ROM , let’s proceed to the next section where we have summed up the instructions to Install ICS on your LG Optimus One P500.
How to Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Stable ROM on LG Optimus P500
Step 1: Firstly of all, you require to download UI-One MIUI 4.0 2.3.23 File, and save into your computer.
Step 2: Then, download GApps.zip file, which will install Gmail, Google Market, Search and other application of Google. Please note that, these Google applications are not part of MIUI ROM, so you will need to Install them if required, otherwise you can skip to next step.
Step 3: Now, connect your LG Optimus One Phone to your computer with the USB Data Cable.
Step 4: After verifying the correct connectivity, you can copy both the files (Step 2 and Step 3) to the root of Optimus One SD card.
Step 5: Now, you need to turn off your Optimus One device, and then reboot into the recovery mode. For that, you need to Press Home Button+Volume Down+Power Button together.
Step 6: Once you’ve entered into the recovery, check the screen and select the option to create backup of currently Installed ROM of your Phone by pressing Backup & Restore.
Step 7: Now, you can simply select the option ‘wipe data and cache’. To get this, you can select these options ‘Wipe data/factory reset>Wipe Cache Partition.’ Then, navigate to the path ‘Advanced>Wipe dalvik cache’
Step 8: You can now select the option ‘Install zip from SD card> Choose zip from SD card’ and then select the file you downloaded in Step 1.
Step 9: After that, your phone will start installation process of the this Custom ICS ROM. Then you can repeat the Step 8 for installing Google Apps (GApps), if you wish to do so.
Step 10: After finishing this, you can go back ‘+++Go Back+++’ and then Reboot the LG Optimus One Phone.
That’s it, you should enjoy the Latest Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on your LG Optimus One P500. There are a lot of features, including easy multitasking, customizable home screen, resizable widgets, rich notifications any many more. The ICS ROM with MIUI ensures to provide richer themes for your Phone. If you stuck into boot screen, then remove the battery, re-insert, and follow the procedure again.
Update LG Optimus One P500 with Android 4.0 ICS UI-One MIUI ROM Firmware,