Root HTC Desire GSM/ CDMA Android Smartphone with Simple Steps
Nowadays, there are numerous of Custom ROMs roaming at Internet everyday, while dozens of releasing on XDA. If you are owner of one of most successful HTC Smartphones HTC Desire, and you are running original Stock ROM, then you are missing the lot of joy. Because, you can customize the looks and give it to boos in features, by installing a custom ROM in your device.
To install Custom ROMs, you need to root your device, and then you will be able to join the race among other users of latest Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). Though, rooting your device is not tough process, if you will follow this article carefully. We are here going to guide you through the process of rooting your HTC Desire Android Smartphone.
Disclaimer: Rooting is a risky process, and risk involves if you will root your device. Firstly, you will void warranty, and can’t claim it afterwards. So, TechClap.com and its Authors would not be responsible if anything happens wrong while applying the process. Rooting is not required for normal users, but should be gained by experts or advanced level users, who really need that. We don’t take any responsibility or liability if your device gets damaged, bricked or stops working after the procedure. Try the steps at your own risk, though we ensure to test everything before posting here.
- This rooting tutorial is compatible with both the GSM and CDMA versions of HTC Desire
- You need a Windows-based PC, with all the latest drivers installed.
- Uninstall HTC Sync and other Software like DoubleTwist from your computer.
- Backup all the data including SMS, SMS, Data, Call Logs, Contacts, APN and MMS Settings, and everything else, as this method can wipe all the data from the your device.
- Make sure that your HTC Desire is charged at least 75%, before you put it into the process of rooting.
- Disable Antivirus, Firewalls and other software to eliminate the conflict.
Step by Step Procedure to Root HTC Desire Smartphone
- Step 1: Firstly you need to Download:
- unrEVOked (v3.32) from this link. (reflash_package.exe)
- unrEVOked3 modified USB/HBOOT drivers from this link.
- Step 2: Extract the contents of (android-usb-driver.zip) file into a folder. After unzipping, simply turn off the device.
- Step 3: Reboot the Desire Phone in Bootloader (HBOOT) menu, you can enter their after pressing and holding down Volume Down, Power Buttons until HBOOT appears on screen.
- Step 4: You need to highlight ‘HBOOT USB’ from the menu. Then simply press Power Button, which will give command to phone to check latest firmware update. During the process, it is not adviced to touch the any button of phone, during the phone is busy in checking updates.
- Step 5: Connect your phone to your Computer via USB Data cable, make sure the PC detect the device, if any problem you are facing, make sure that correct drivers are installed.
- Step 6: After device gets detected by system. In your computer, Go to Desktop>My Computer>Right Click>Properties>Device Manager Tab. Find the device with ‘Android xxxx) which will ensure that you phone is recognized by computer. Simply right-click on Android one, and click on ‘Update Driver Software’,
- Step 7: Now browse through the folder where you have extracted the drivers zipped package named ‘android-usb-driver.zip‘. Windows would start installing the driver software and process would be finished in the matter of minutes.
- Step 8: Once again, visit ‘Device Manager’ and ensure that there is ‘Android Bootloader Interface’ is present under the section ‘Androd Phone’. Now, disconnect HTC Desire from Computer.
- Step 9: Its time to configure at device side. Pick your device, tap to Settings>Applications>Developerment>USB debugging and check the option. Then navigate to Settings>Connect to PC>Default Connection Type and you should select ‘Charge Only’. This would ensure that phone only get charged when connected to PC, and it would be not detected by PC Software such as KIES, but can only by charged in this mode.
- Step 10: You have to now plug the phone to Computer once again, then simply run ‘reflash_package.exe’, where you will see onscreen instructions and options to root the phone successfully.
So these were the steps to Root your HTC Desire Smartphone with easy steps, lets know if any problem you face while going through the process, you can contact developer here.