Install CyanogenMod 9 based Android 4.0 ICS ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire
Amazon Kindle Fire is highest selling budget Android tablet now. We have already told you how to root Kindle fire. Yet Amazon has not announced any official ICS firmware update for Kindle fire. An xda developer forum member has introduced a custom AOSP build ICS ROM for Kindle fire. Of course, there are bugs like no hardware decoding for video and light sensor not working, which are very minor. But you will get taste and functionality of latest Android 4.0 ICS Operating system on your Kindle. The process is very simple; we are explaining it step by step:
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom ROM voids warranty. However, you can claim warranty anytime, after unrooting the device. We ‘TechClap.com’ or the developer is not responsible for any data loss or firmware issues caused by following this tutorial. Developer and other users have already tested this process and made sure that process works.
- You will need a rooted Kindle Fire with Recovery installed. TWRP recovery works best for Kindle fire. Create a backup of your ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Enabling USB debugging is easy and essential. Tap on settings>>Applications>> development and check the USB debugging option.
- Backup all necessary settings and data from your Kindle Tablet. As this process may erase them.
- Charge your Kindle Fire to at least 80% to make sure you are not interrupted between the processes.
- Download Custom CM9 ICS ROM for Kindle Fire and Gapps package.
How to Flash ICS ROM on Rooted Kindle Fire:
- Connect your Kindle Tab to PC and transfer both the zip files to root of SD card or internal storage of device.
- Disconnect and power off kindle fire. Now, boot into recovery by holding power button until it turns orange.
- Once you have booted Kindle into TWRP recovery, search for “Wipe” option and tap it.
- On the Next screen select the option “Factory Reset”. Once done go back to Home by tapping on the Home icon on the top right corner of screen.
- Now, Tap on “ install” and select the ROM file. Then Tap on Flash button to install the ROM. The ROM will install, once done select the option “install” again. This time select the Gapps zip file and Tap on “flash”.
- Now, Tap on “Reboot System” to reboot the device into normal mode. This time the new boot screen will welcome you and you will get the new ICS User interface.
Note: If the device hangs on boot screen then you should take out battery and reinstall. Follow the procedure to install the ROM using TWRP recovery again and this time clear the cache and factory reset the device again. If still you are not able to get it work then you can install your backed up ROM. You can ask your doubts here.
Install CyanogenMod 9 based Android 4.0 ICS ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire,