Root Acer Iconia Tab A100/ A101 on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Acer Iconia Tab A100 was a slim handy Android Tablet launched in 2011 with 1Ghz Dual core Cortex A9 on Nvidia Tegra 2 chipset. This was the most updated hardware combination at that time which attracted many customers to this tablet. Acer has also released an Android 4.0 ICS update for that tablet. People who have updated to ICS were unable to root the device as there was no procedure available. Now, XDA forum member zeronull has bought a process to root A100 tab on ICS. The process is very simple and easy to do.
Disclaimer: You need to take full responsibility, before going through the procedure of this tutorial. Due to risk involved and it is not official process, your warranty void, and also you will not able to claim warranty later. Please try the steps at your own risk. We at TechClap.com or developer should not held responsible if anything happens wrong to your device after following steps in this tutorial.
- You will need an updated Acer Iconia Tab A100 running Android ICS. You will need a PC and data cables. Install updated connectivity drivers for your device.
- Backup essential data from your Tablet. Use apps like Titanium backup, contact, smS backup.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option
- Download the Boot unlocker and root package.
- Charge your tablet to atleast 80% to ensure that you complete the process without any power outrage.
How to Unlock Bootloader and root Iconia Tab A100 Tablet:
- Connect your Tablet to your PC and ensure that USB debugging is enabled. First we need to unlock bootloader. For this extract the Boot unlocker zip file to a folder and then search for install-eng.bat. This is a batch file to unlock bootloader, execute it with Administrator rights.
- You will see that your Tablet reboot and a screen appear where you will find option to lock and unlock bootloader. Use the volume button to highlight the unlock option and press the power button.
- Your device is now unlocked. For any further doubts you can check here. Now, Tablet will reboot and you have to enable USB debugging again.
- Now, extract the ICS Rooting zip to a folder and execute the runit-win.bat file from the folder. Once the process finishes, the tab will reboot and your device is rooted now.
- You can install Superuser app from Android market or use the Apk in the folder.
Note: This is a simple process and works with one click, ensure that you have right connectivity cables. If you Tablet hangs at boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert. Now, follow the process again. If you have any further doubts ask here.
Root Acer Iconia Tab A100/ A101 on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich,