Root Motorola RAZR XT910 on Android 4.0 ICS and 2.3.5 Firmware
Motorola RAZR XT910 is the next generation of popular ‘MOTO RAZR’ flip phone, i personally owned that time. It was most successful phone by Motorola, and in 2011, company has launched RAZR’s Android based variant. Obviously, it was needed based on the trend going on. Though, some developer already made the ways to Root new RAZR, but this time it’s so easy to apply the procedure. XDA Member FrAsErTaG introduced the method, which allows to root Motorola RAZR XT910, running on both Android 4.0 ICS and 2.3.5 Gingerbread OS Firmware. At present, this method is compatible with Windows only. Developer has offered following benefits in Rooting Packages:
- Create Backup from Previous devices
- Capability, to run ad-free host files
- Ability to install and run, rooted applications, in addition to option to remove system applications
Disclaimer/ Caution: This tutorial to root Motorola RAZR XT910 doesn’t offer warranty or guarantee of any kind. We at TechClap.com or developer should not be held responsible for any damage occurs with your phone. Try the steps at your own risk.
- Latest Drivers needed for PC and Device connectivity, Download and install.
- Download Zergrush V2 by DoomLord or Root ICS+ (Applicable for 2.3.5 Gingerbread or 4.0 ICS Android OS)
- Backup all the important stuff, including SMS, Call logs, Contacts, Pics, Videos, Personal Files, Internet Settings.
- Ensure that, your device is charged at least 80%, to eliminate the power failure issue while running the process.
- Enable USB Debugging on phone. Navigate to “settings>>Application>>Development>>USB debugging” and Check the USB debugging option.
How to Root Motorola RAZR XT910 on Android 4.0 ICS or 2.3.5 Gingerbread Firmwares
- Connect the phone to computer.
- Now, extract the ‘Zergrush V2 by DoomLord’ and ‘Root ICS+’ archives, and save it in your PC.
- Ensure that device is recognized in command prompt, with the help of ADB Devices, recommended for advanced users, though it is not required in many cases.
- Now If your device have Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread Firmware, then Run the Runme.bat file from Download package. If your device is running latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, then you need to run the run-windows.bat file. You can run by clicking on specific file.
- Now, sit back and wait for process gets finished. It will hardly take 1-2 minutes to complete. Then, reboot the device.
- We hope you have successfully completed the Rooting process, in no time.
ICS users will see Superuser app, as well as Boot Strap also installed. Please note, the process doesn’t wipe or erase data by any means, but you can check if your data is secured. Otherwise, you can restore the data from backup. There are many tutorial on Internet, but no one offers instructions to boot the phone on both of Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread or 4.0 ICS Firmware.
This is simplest process to root the device, though there are always risk involved, if any problem persist, you can consult with developer here. If incase, device gets stuck on bootscreen, then simply remove and reinsert the batter of Motorola RAZR XT910. If process is not succeful last time, then follow the instructions carefully once again, hopefully you will be able to Root your device.
Root Motorola RAZR XT910 on Android 4.0 ICS and 2.3.5 Firmware,