How to Install IceColdSandwich Android 4.0.3 on HTC Incredible S
HTC Incredible S was pretty nice Android phone. It is powered by a Scorpion processor on Snapdragon chipset. Beside that 8MP camera has attracted many users to purchase this phone. KaiJuru an XDA developer forum member has lunched IceColdSandwich 6.1.1 for it that is built on Android 4.0.3 Stock ROM. Developer has included the Stock AOKP 6.1.1 latest full release and compiled it with new kernel. This makes the ROM stable and performing well with power and battery. Few things that are not working are compass, Camcorder and FM radio. These are just minor issues and will be solved soon in next release. Check out the screen shots below:
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom ROM voids warranty. However, you can claim warranty anytime, after unrooting the device. We or the developer is not responsible for any data loss or firmware issues caused by following this tutorial. Developer and other users have already tested this process and made sure that process works.
- You will need a Rooted Incredible S with recovery system installed. You will need a PC and data cable.
- This process is going to erase everything on your phone, Backup all data including SMS, call logs, mail, internet settings, apps, personal data, video, pics. Also, create a backup of your ROM.
- Charge your phone to atleast 80% to ensure that you complete the process without any power outrage.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option.
- Download IceCold Sandwich ROM for Incredible S here. (160MB)
How to Install IceColdSandwich ROM on HTC Incredible S:
- Download the ROM zip file and transfer it to root of your phone’s SD card. Connect your device in USB mode and do the transfers.
- Now, reboot the device into recovery mode. Shut down the device and boot by pressing Volume up and power button together.
- We will again remind you to create a Backup, Choose “Backup and restore” and then select Backup ROM. Once done you can go ahead with installing ROM.
- First wipe the cache select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then “Wipe Cache partition”. You can go ahead and install the ROM package we have transferred to SD card in step 4 of pre requisite section. For this go back to “Backup and Restore” and select “install Zip from SD card” option. Select the file you transferred to SD card.
- It will take few minutes for recovery to install the new Rom. Once the process is complete you can go back to the starting menu using “+++Go back+++” and then choose to “Reboot the system”.
- Once the system reboots you will be welcomed with new ICS boot screen and User interface. Just add your settings and you are ready to go.
Note: If the phones hands at starting or stuck at boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert. Then install the ROM again using the above described process. If you face any issue just install the Stock ROM we backed up in step 3. Once done, you can transfer your backup and files to phone.
How to Install IceColdSandwich Android 4.0.3 on HTC Incredible S,