How to Update HTC Vivid (AT&T) to Official Android 4.0 ICS Firmware
So, finally time comes when official Ice Cream Sandwich Updates rolling out for most of HTC Smartphones. Though, users already enjoyed the awesomeness of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich based Custom ROMs. Now, you won’t need to wait, as wait is already over. You can install latest Firmware update via Wi-Fi or manually. Alongside, HTC Vivid, other devices also expected to get Official ICS Update, which includes LG Nitro, Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Captivate Glide, Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (Global version getting updates frequently across world), Pantech Burst, Pantech Elemant and Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.
HTC Vivid shipped with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Operating System, and now ICS update available. It is having 4.5-inch qHD super LCD screen with 540×960 pixels resolution. Running on Qualcomm 1.2GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC with support for up to 32GB microSD card, features 8MP camera along with autofocus and dual LED flash, with 1080p HD Video capture facility. We are here going to show you procedure on how you can install Official Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Firmware.
Features of HTC Vivid PH39100(AT&T) Official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Firmware
- Beats Audio: The new beats audio indicator, would appear in notification bar, which can simply disable or enable Beats Audio enhancement for music or video.
- Face Unlock: It is new screen lock option, which enables you to unlock the phone through face recognition, powered by device’s front-facing camera.
- HTC Sense 3.6 and other UI Improvements
- Improved Email
- Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard capability.
- Advanced Voice and Text Input: Recognize pauses, breaks, spell checker, and punctuation.
- Improved Security, WiFi Hotspot, Data network and Wi-Fi Data Monitoring
Disclaimer: This tutorial meant for educational purposes, we at TechClap.com should not be held responsible for, if anything gets wrong with your device, while applying the update. You should reach to AT&T or HTC for help in that situation.
- Backup your SMS, Call Logs, MMS and APN Settings, and other data.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least 50% (70% or more is recommended)
- Wi-Fi Connection
Check and Update HTC Vivid (AT&T) to Official Android 4.0 ICS Firmware with OTA/ Wi-Fi/ Manually
If you are not sure, if update is available for your or not, you can check manually by dialing *#*#682#*#*, and you would be able to download through OTA. For others, you need to update via Wi-Fi which we are going to tell you, how you can do that:
Step1: Ensure that your Private Wi-Fi connection is working, and you can also connect it to AT&T Hotspot (recommended).
Step 2: Now go to the Homescreen, if you have not already navigated, then press the Menu Key, followed by tapping ‘Settings’ option.
Step 3: From the Settings Menu, just above About Phone, there is AT&T Software update option, select it/ tap it.
Step 4: Now Tap to ‘Check for Updates’ option, it will ask ‘New Software Update from AT&T will be Downloaded’, and Select OK.
Step 5: You will see Continue Update window, which will ask you Install Now or Install Later. Simply Tap Install Now option, followed by OK once again.
Step 6: The update would be started, after update gets completed, your phone would be started, and after restart, you will be welcomed by new Interface.
If Device won’t able to Install Update (Troubleshooting)
- Ensure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi Hotspot. If it is on then continue to next step.
- Now, turn Wi-Fi off and On once, this would refresh Wi-Fi connection.
- Press Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks> and then Uncheck or Re-check Wi-Fi to disable or re-enable back.
- Now, turn off and turn on the device, and now continue to install the update again.
We hope you have succesfully update firmware of your HTC Vivid (AT&T). If you need further help, head over to here.How to Update HTC Vivid (AT&T) to Official Android 4.0 ICS Firmware,