How to upgrade Spice MI350n with Bala custom ROM that looks like ICS
Spice Mi350n was a dual sim Android Gingerbread device launched a year ago. Bala a xda forum member has developed a Android 2.3.4 with Nexus S like theme. Developer has made all effort to make it look like Ice Cream Sandwich. The best thing is that everything is working and there is no lagging or hanging. You can check the screenshots below:
The ROM is available in both odexed and Deodexed versions. We have already tested the ROM on our device. We have tried it for few hours. Dual sim standby, Camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi all are working. The Rom is tweaked for lag free working. But still gallery takes few seconds to start. Also, if you have too many apps then it may cause lagging. But this is definitely issue of less hardware resources. As there is no Dual core processor or high memory availability to support extensive multitasking.
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom Firmware voids warranty of your device. We or the developers are not responsible for any kind of issues caused during following this procedure. However, this tutorial is created after testing and ensuring that everything works fine.
- Please ensure that you have a rooted Spice Mi350N and installed custom recovery mode on it. Check the detailed Tutorial here.
- We suggest a full backup of your device. Backup SMS, call logs, contacts, pics, videos, personal files, internet access points settings, other settings. Create a ROM backup of your device.
- Please ensure that you charge your device to atleast 80% so that you do not face a power issue in between of process.
- Disable or uninstall Antivirus or Firewall to avoid any security issues while updating the firmware.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. Go to “settings>>Application>>Development>>USB debugging”. Check the USB debugging option.
- Download the Custom Bala ROM for Spice Mi350N:
Normal odexed version: http://www.mediafire.com/?ubt9vufj8zjcobg
De-odexed version: http://www.mediafire.com/?9tqoh2o6t9tgva7
How to Flash Bala Custom ROM to Spice Mi350n
- Connect your Spice phone to computer and transfer the zip file to Root of your phone’s SD card.
- Now, power off your device and start it into recovery mode. You will need to press Volume up and power button simultaneously to enter fastboot mode where you can select recovery option.
- Once you are in the Recovery mode selects “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- When you successfully erase cache and data, you can select “install zip from SD card”. Now, select “Chose Zip from SD card”. Select the zip file we have transferred in step 1.
- The device will start installing the new ROM from ZIP file, it will take 5-7 minutes for procedure to complete. Once done and confirmed you can go back to start menu by selecting “+++Go Back+++”. And lastly select “Reboot System Now”.
- The device will reboot and you will be welcomed by new ICS looking Custom ROM. Check out the version by going to “Settings>>About phone >>Firmware Version”. It will mention Android 2.3.7, which is really 2.3.4.
Note: If device hangs on boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert. Follow the procedure again to install the custom ROM. If you still cannot make it work you can install your current ROM you backed up. You can consult with Bala if you have any doubts here.
How to upgrade Spice MI350n with Bala custom ROM that looks like ICS,