Android 4.0.3 based MIUI 2.3.6 ROM for Motorola Atrix – How to update
Motorola Atrix has hardware ready for ICS but still company has not released any official update. Few members from MIUI have launched an Android 4.0.3 ICS based ROM for Atrix. This is a fully functional Ice Cream sandwich ROM but yet in beta mode. Few things are not working. Check the list of working things below. Beside that this ROM has perfect UI and look to attract users. All bugs will be sorted out very soon.
What’s Working/not working on MIUI ROM for Moto Atrix?
- Calls and SMS
- Proximity Sensor
- Hard Keys Lights
- Face Unlock
- 4 way lockscreen
- Miui Torch
- Usb Mount
- Reboot/Shutdown options
- Voice Search
- Volume Rocker
- On/Off Animation
- APN Menu (Data + MMS Should work by default)
- Fingerprint sensor (not native to MIUI)
- Webtop(not native to MIUI)
- OTA (updater)
- Music player online music
- Landscape Browsers
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom ROM voids warranty. However, you can claim warranty anytime, after unrooting the device. We or the developer is not responsible for any data loss or firmware issues caused by following this tutorial. Developer and other users have already tested this process and made sure that process works.
- You will need a Rooted Motorola Atrix and Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all data including SMS, call logs, mail, internet settings, apps, personal data, video, pics. This process will erase all data before installing Custom ROM. We would also suggest to backup your Current ROM.
- Charge your phone to 80% to ensure that phone does not shut down in between updating process.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option.
- Uninstall any Anti-Virus or Firewall installed on your Device.
- Download the Android ICS MIUI ROM here
Step by Step procedure to install Custom ICS MIUI ROM on Motorola Atrix:
- Connect your device to computer and transfer the Atrix MIUI ROM zip file to root of SD card.
- You need to enter into Recovery Mode, turn off the phone and press the Volume up button and power button simultaneously to start the phone in recovery mode.
- I would suggest backup your current ROM. For this, select the Backup and Restore option and then select the Backup option. Once you choose Backup using power button the recovery mode will automatically backup a copy of your current ROM on your SD card.
- Now, we need to install the new ROM. First wipe the cache select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then “Wipe Cache partition”. You can go ahead and install the ROM package we have transferred to SD card in step 6 of pre requisite section. For this go back to “Backup and Restore” and select “install Zip from SD card” option. Select option “Choose ZIP from SD card” fist select the “Super Wipe Package Script”. On the second time select “ICS package”. The ROM will start installing.
- It will take 5-10 minutes for procedure to complete. Do not restart phone until the process is complete and confirmed. Once done go back to the starting using “+++Go back+++” options and select to reboot the phone. You will see the new Android ICS boot screen on Motorola Atrix.
Note: If the phone hangs at starting or stuck at boot screen you will need to follow the process again. If you face any issue just install the Stock ROM we backed up in step 3. Once done, you can transfer your backup and files to phone. If you still need further help visit the forum thread.