How to Install HTC One V Android ICS ROM on Desire HD and Desire S
HTC One V was launched in MWC and featured latest Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream sandwich firmware with HTC Sense UI. A XDA developer has ported the ROM to HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire S. HTC One V was similar to HTC older Android phones like Desire S. XDA forum member has extracted the stock ICS ROM from One V and ported it to Desire HD and HTC Sense 4.0 is also working well. The ROM is build for a device with high end hardware configuration but developer has shown that it’s working well on Desire. Beside that there are some issue with Camera, Wi-FI Hotspot and SD card mounting.
Developer has not modded the ROM and this is Stock ICS ROM with HTC sense 4.0. You will need to Root your Desire S or Desire HD and install recovery to install the ROM that is available for download.
Disclaimer: The tutorial doesn’t offers any guarantee of success, because this is not official ROM. We at TechClap.com should not be responsible if you brick or damage your device. Be informed that installing this ROM would void warranty. So, please try the procedure at your own risk, though we are writing here after getting confirmation from many developers.
- We suggest a full backup of your device. Backup SMS, call logs, contacts, pics, videos, personal files, internet access points settings, other settings.
- Please ensure that you charge your device to atleast 80% so that you do not face a power issue in between of process.
- Disable or uninstall Antivirus or Firewall to avoid any security issues while updating the firmware.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. Go to “settings>>Application>>Development>>USB debugging”. Check the USB debugging option.
- Download Official One V ROM for Desire HD and Desire S here.
How to Install HTC One V ROM on Desire HD/Desire S:
- Connect your phone to computer and transfer the zip file to Root of your phone’s SD card.
- Now, power off your Desire HD and start it into recovery mode. You will need to press Volume up and power button simultaneously to enter fastboot mode where you can select recovery option.
- Once you are in the Recovery mode selects “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- When you successfully erase cache and data, you can select “install zip from SD card”. Now, select “Chose Zip from SD card”. Select the zip file we have transferred in step 1.
- The device will start installing the new ROM from ZIP file, it will take 5-7 minutes for procedure to complete. Once done and confirmed you can go back to start menu by selecting “+++Go Back+++”. And lastly select “Reboot System Now”.
- You will be welcomed by new ROM and user interface. You can still confirm by going to “Settings>>About phone >>Firmware Version” you will see that Android 4.0.X will be installed.
Note: Please create a backup of your current ROM using recovery before following the process. If device hangs on boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert. Follow the procedure again to install the ICS ROM. If you still cannot make it work you can install your current ROM you backed up. You can report your issues here.
How to Install HTC One V Android ICS ROM on Desire HD and Desire S,