How to unlock Bootloader and Root Sony Xperia S – Easy Tutorial
Sony Xperia S is latest Android Smartphone launched in MWC 2012. It features 1.5Ghz Dual core processor with Adreno 220GPU. Most attracting features of Xperia S is 12MP camera with 1080p HD video recording and high pixel picture capacity. Recently, Xda developer forum has reported that a developer named DooMLord has successfully broken the bootloader and rooted the device. We are providing the detailed procedure for how to unlock Xperia S bootloader and Root it.
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom ROM voids warranty. However, you can claim warranty anytime, after unrooting the device. We or the developer is not responsible for any data loss or firmware issues caused by following this tutorial. Developer and other users have already tested this process and made sure that process works.
- We suggest a full backup before following this procedure. Backup personal data, settings, sms, call logs, email settings, videos, images etc.
- Charge your phone to atleast 80% to ensure that you complete the process without any power outrage.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option.
- Download Fastboot and Driver Package. Download Xperia S Root package.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xperia S:
Unlocking Xperia Bootloader requires to get a code from http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ . This procedure is not different from other Sony phones. You can find the detailed Tutorial to unlock bootloader here. You can verify if Bootloader is unlocked by going to Service info>>Configuration>>Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock is marked as “yes” you are done go ahead with the Rooting.
How to Root Sony Xperia S:
- Turn off your device and restart the phone in fastboot mode by pressing Volume down button and power button simultaneously to the restart the phone.
- Now, connect your device to Computer via Data cable. You should see a Blue Screen fastboot mode on your phone.
- Your Computer will take some time to recognize the device and prompt you to install the driver. Install the driver we have downloaded in Pre Requisite step 5.
- Now, open a command prompt terminal and browse to the folder where you have downloaded the Xperia S Root package. Now, enter following command to flash the file to your device. “fastboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img”
- It will take few minutes to flash the ROM and root it. Once the process is finished the device will be rebooted. Your Xperia S phone is rooted now.
Note: If the phones hands at starting or stuck at boot screen you will need to follow the process again. This process just root the phone and install Superuser, It does not flash Kernal or update firmware so you are totally safe.
How to unlock Bootloader and Root Sony Xperia S – Easy Tutorial,