Virtuous S4X Custom Sense 4 ROM for HTC Evo 3D and HTC Sensation
HTC Evo 3D and Sensation 4G are two most loved phones by AT&T and T-Mobile customers. Already millions of set has been sold. We recently covered an Android Revolution HD Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for HTC Sensation 4G which features stock HTC Sense 3.5 user interface. We are back with another custom ROM build by Virtuous group, but this time they have added HTC Sense 4 user interface.
Both HTC Evo 3D and Sensation 4G are equipped with powered by a 1.2 Ghz Dual Core processor and Adreno 220 GPU. This hardware pair is powerful enough to handle the new Android 4.0.3 IceCream Sandwich. Virtuous group, a very famed developer from XDA developer forum has designed a custom Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for Evo 3D and Sensation 4G that runs latest HTC user interface- Sense 4 UI. The new Sense 4 is yet not launched on any phone it was coming with HTC Endeavour which was scheduled to launch at MWC 2012. You can find detailed information about ROM here.
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom ROM voids warranty. However, you can claim warranty anytime, after unrooting the device. We or the developer is not responsible for any data loss or firmware issues caused by following this tutorial. Developer and other users have already tested this process and made sure that process works.
Features of Virtuous S4X ROM for HTC Evo 3D and Sensation 4G:
- Based on the leaked Endeavour test ROM (0.96.401.2).
- Resized for qHD (960×540) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC’s proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
- Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules. (For Evo 3D only)
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
- This process is going to erase everything on your phone, Backup all data including SMS, call logs, mail, internet settings, apps, personal data, video, pics.
- Charge your phone to atleast 80% to ensure that you complete the process without any power outrage.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option.
- Download Android ICS Virtuous S4X ROM with Sense 4 UI here. Alternate link here. Copy the zip file to your device’s SD card root.
- Ensure that your device is rooted and CMW recovery is installed.
Step by Step procedure to install Custom ICS ROM on HTC Sensation 4G & HTC EVO 3D:
- Start your device into Recovery Mode, turn off the phone and press the Volume Down button and power button simultaneously to start the phone in recovery mode.
- Once the phone starts select the “Boot Loader” using Volume keys and power button.
- We suggest creating backup of your current ROM. For this, select the Backup and Restore option and then select the Backup option. Once you choose Backup using power button the recovery mode will automatically backup a copy of your current ROM on your SD card.
- Now, you can go ahead with installation of Virtuous ROM. First wipe the cache select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then “Wipe Cache partition”. You can go ahead and install the ROM package we have transferred to SD card in step 4 of pre requisite section. For this go back to “Backup and Restore” and select “install Zip from SD card” option. Select option “Choose ZIP from SD card” and select the file “virtuous_s4x_build2”.
- It will take 5-10 minutes for procedure to complete. Do not restart phone until the process is complete and confirmed. Once done go back to the starting using “+++Go back+++” options and select to reboot the phone.
Once your phone reboot you will be welcomed by new Android ICS boot screen and you will feel a Interface change. To check if you installed the new ROM correctly you can go to Settings>>About phone>>Android Version.
Note: If the phones hands at starting or stuck at boot screen you will need to follow the process again. If you face any issue just install the Stock ROM we backed up in step 3. Once done, you can transfer your backup and files to phone.
Virtuous S4X Custom Sense 4 ROM for HTC Evo 3D and HTC Sensation,