Root Amazon Kindle Fire with Easy Root and Recovery Utility Tool
Amazon Kindle Fire is a budget Android Tablet launched few months ago, it has created lot of buzz in the market. People who love reading books or buy online books from Amazon love this tablet. This $199 priced Tablet is powered by 1Ghz processor and has a 8GB storage. Equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity this is the best Android Tablet available at its price range.
Right now, we are going to tell you how to Root Amazon Kindle fire with a simple utility available for Windows PC. This Utility can help you install Root with Superuser, Twrp Recovery and some other extra features on your Tablet.
Note: Rooting and installing custom Firmware voids warranty of your device. We at TechClap.com or the developers are not responsible for any kind of issues caused during following this procedure. However, this tutorial is created after testing and ensuring that everything works fine. Kindly Note, this Tutorial for rooting is compatible up to Latest 6.2.2 Firmware Version.
- You will need a Windows PC, data cable and connectivity driver for your Tablet.
- Ensure that Tablet is charged to at least 80% so that you can complete the procedure without any issues.
- Download Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.3 on your PC. This is an All-in-One utility to root and install recovery mode on Amazon Kindle fire. Extract it to a folder.
- Backup your device, make sure you backup personal data, settings, sms, call logs, email settings, videos, images etc.
Step by step procedure to Root Kindle Fire using All-in-one utility:
- Check the extracted folder you will find a file “install_drivers” execute that. This will install ADB driver for kindle fire.
- Now, connect Kindle fire to PC Via Data cable. Check the extracted folder and execute the file named as “run”. This will start the All-in-one tool.
- ADB status should be online as shown below. For Rooting, enter 3 and press enter. It will install the permanent Root with superuser app.
- Once done, enter 5 and press enter. This will install Twrp recovery on your Tablet.
- As the process complete you will need to reboot your device. For this, select 1 and press enter. You will ask for mode. Select the normal mode which is the first option. As shown below.
- Once the Tablet reboot you can check if superuser app is installed and you get the rights. You can also check if the recovery is working to insure that your device is rooted.
Note: If you get stuck on boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert. Follow the procedure again. If you are still unsuccessful then use the unbrick utility and install the stock firmware on Kindle Fire.
More information can be found on XDA developer forum. You can install Custom ROM available for Kindle fire. Recently, Android ICS based MIUI ROM leaked for Kindle fire.