How to Root HTC Jetstream/ Puccini Tablet on Android HoneyComb
HTC Jetstream a.k.a Puccini is a 4G LTE and Wi-Fi capable Android HoneyComb tablet. Powered by a Qualcomm SnapDragon 1.5Ghz Dual Core processor it almost compete with iPad 2, Galaxy Tab, or Motorola Xoom. It has some distinctive features that has made it collect huge fan base, it is also available on AT&T and other carriers. We are going to tell you how to Root your HTC Jetstream and install Custom Recovery.
Disclaimer: At TechClap, we make sure that all information is double checked. Please understand that Rooting Voids warranty but also gives access to superuser advantages. We or the developer should not be held responsible for any type of data loss or phone bricking caused by following this tutorial.
- We suggest creating a full backup your data on the Tablet. You should backup SMS, call logs, contacts, file, video, music.
- Please ensure that your phone is charged to at least 80% so that you can complete the procedure successfully without shutdown.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone. Go to settings>>applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the option.
- Download and install the latest SDK and ADB package.
Step by step procedure to Root HTC Jet Stream
- Download 2 required files needed to flash the kernel and root the phone. Download “Insecure Kernel V02” and “Root Toolkit”. Now, rename the Insecure Kernel image to insecure.img.
- Now, connect the phone to PC and open the ADB terminal. Execute the below command to enter Jetstream on Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- You will need to ensure that device is connected and ADB has detected it. Enter following command to check that device is connected.
- Once confirmed by ADB that device is connected and detected you can go ahead and flash the kernel with the downloaded kernel. To do this execute the below command.
Fastboot boot insecure.img
Note: you have to rename the img file in step 1 when you downloaded it.
- The device will reboot. You have to disconnect the device from computer. Once, the Tablet reboot in normal mode, reconnect it to PC.
- Check that USB Debugging is activated. Now, extract the Root Toolkit you have downloaded in step 1 to a folder and search for RUNME.bat. Execute the batch file. Follow the on screen instruction on terminal. This will root the device permanently.
You have rooted your HTC Jetstream successfully; custom Recovery based on ClockWorkMod is also installed. Now, you can install custom ROMs. You can find all custom ROM available for HTC Puccini aka Jetstream here. If you face any issues while rooting your HTC tablet you can comment here or on XDA Forum.