OneClick Easy Root for LG Spectrum VS920 – How to Guide
LG Spectrum VS920 a.k.a LG Revolution 2 was launched on Verizon CDMA network. It has specs competing to phones like HTC Sensation XL and Samsung Galaxy SII. Featuring Android Gingerbread running on Qualcomm snapdragon 1.5Ghz Dual core. It works on CDMA LTE Network to provide data speed upto 3.1Mbps. LG has equipped this phone with 8MP camera that can record 1080pHD videos and latest connectivity features like aGPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth version 3.0, microUSB 2.0. We are hereby giving an OneClick easy to do tutorial to Root your LG Spectrum. Right now, LG spectrum is up for sale at $99 on Verizon.
Disclaimer: Rooting your phones voids warranty. We or the developer of tool should not be held responsible for any data loss or other issues caused due to following this guide. Rooting gives you access to superusers right which allows you to install apps that are not on Android Market. Beside that you can also install Custom ROM available for your Phone. You can unroot your phone anytime to claim warranty. The OneClick Rooting Tool for LG Spectrum is developed by XDA developers forum member Dan Rosenberg. He has designed the package to root LG Spectrum, I think this process do not flash the kernel it just roots the device and gives your superuser access. First check the Prerequisite section to setup the PC and phone to get ready for the Rooting Process.
- Backup you’re essential data like contacts, SMS, logs, personal files, pictures and videos.
- Download the latest driver for your phone and install it on PC. Download drivers form here.
- I would suggest charging your phone to at least 80%.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone (go to settings>>applications>>development>>USB debugging, check the option).
How to Root LG Spectrum Step by step guide:
- Download the latest LG adb drivers on your PC. Extract and install it.
- To Root download the OneClick tool from windows or Linux/Mac. Extract them to a folder.
- Connect your phone to your PC/Mac via data cable. Ensure that USB debugging is active.
- Now, check the extracted folder. Find the run.bat and execute it. For Mac, you can go to terminal browse to the folder and execute run.sh.
- Once done, you will see a terminal window instructing to press enter to root your phone. Go ahead with the process.
It would take 4-5 minutes to root your phone. Once rooted, you can check if your phone has been rooted well with Root Checker Basic from Android Market. Please let us know if your face any issue. We will let you know once Custom ROM arrives for LG spectrum. Developers are in process to announce Android IceCream Sandwich ROM for LG Spectrum.