How to Root / Unroot Motorola Xoom – OneClick Easy Steps Tutorial
Motorola Xoom [Android based tablet PC] was a 1Ghz Dual core Cortex A9 powered Honeycomb tablet. This Tablet features an NVidia Tegra 2 Chipset which made it popular among gamers who like gaming on tablet. This Tablet has gained huge user base in its first quarter only. Right now, we are here to present a tutorial on how to root and unroot Motorola Xoom using OneClick Tool.
A developer form XDA developer forum has successfully created an All in one Tool with Root, Unroot, Unbrick functionality to make the process very easy. You can also install Recovery mode to install various custom ROM available Online.
Update: Both Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi and Motorola Xoom 3G can be Rooted using this guide.
Disclaimer: Rooting Voids warranty. We or the developer should not be held responsible if you lose any data, or brick your device. Rooting gives you added advantages if you want to install and test custom ROM. You can install app that are not present on Android Market. This tutorial should be treated as educational base.
- Download latest Drivers for Motorola Xoom Here.
- Download All-One-tool to root, unroot, unbrick Motorola Xoom. Extract the files to a folder.
How to use All in One tool to Root/Unroot Motorola Xoom:
- Enable USB debugging on Motorola XOOM. Go to settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and check the option.
- Now, find the Xoom OneClick Tool on the Folder named as “LordAIOTool” and execute or Run it. You will see a command line tool opening. Now, connect your Tablet with PC via data cable.
- Once the device is connected the tool will confirm it. You need to select the corresponding option as per your root/unroot requirement to go ahead.
- If you’re rooting, the procedure will start and it will take around 10-12 minutes to install Rooted ROM on your device.
The developer of this all in one tool is codenamed as lords. He has taken care of adding functionality like taking complete backup, Bootloader unlock, install ClockWorkMod.
Below are the lots of features of All-in-One Root, unroot, recovery, unbrick tool for Motorola Xoom:
- Complete Backup of your Tablet.
- Unlock bootloader
- Lock Bootloader
- Install ClockWorkMod
- Restore backup
- Root/Unroot device.
- Unbrick your Xoom Tab.
- Dual Recovery- Developer has warned that this functionality is not working, he is debugging and the new version of the tool will be available soon.
If you brick your device, follow the procedure again and this time select “Unbrick” option for your device. It will install the stock ROM and lock the Bootloader so that you can claim updates and warranty again. If you face any issues please comment, we will sure help.
More information about the process can be found on XDA forum.
How to Root / Unroot Motorola Xoom – OneClick Easy Steps Tutorial,