How to Root Samsung Galaxy EPIC 4G D700 on Gingerbread Firmware
Verizon and Sprint has launched Android 2.3 Gingerbread Smartphone powered by 1Ghz Cortex A8 processor few months ago. This phone was named as Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G D700. This was a pretty nice CDMA LTE phone which people preferred over other phones due to physical QWERTY keypad. This device has been updated to Android 2.3.4 through an OTA update recently and we will be talking about how to Root it.
Note: Rooting your phone will void the warranty, but you can unroot your phone anytime to claim the warranty. We should not be held responsible for any type of data loss or firmware issues caused by following the tutorial.
Rooting your Samsung Epic 4G D700 will give you access to other additional features of Android. You can install ClockworkMod recovery to flash custom ROMS. Beside that you can install paid apps for Free, you can also install app that are from other developers.
- Back up your contacts, SMS, call logs, data settings and personal files.
- Download and install Latest version of Samsung Kies on your PC. You can get kies on Samsung Support page.
- Download the Rooting package for Samsung Epic 4G here.
Step by Step procedure to Root Samsung Epic4G:
- Extract the Rooting package you have downloaded in the Pre-requisite section. From the extracted folder, find the file name Odin and execute it.
- You will need to turn off Epic 4G phone and enter to download mode. For this, long press key 1 and Power button. This will start your phone in download mode and once you see a Yellow triangle with exclamation mark connect your phone with PC via USB.
- Once you are connected, Odin will confirm that you have connected your Epic 4G Phone. Now, Click on the PDA button and select the file “acs-eb30-clockwork-epic-touch-4g-sep-20-4-00-pm” from the folder we extracted in step 1. Once confirmed press the “Start” Button on the Odin interface.
- You are almost done with the Rooting, now it will take 3-4 minutes to complete the whole process of Rooting. Once the Firmware updating process is finished, the phone will restart.
Congrats! you have rooted your Epic 4G D700 successfully ; you can now go ahead and configure your phone by selecting language and Gmail account. Further you can go ahead and flash your Samsung galaxy Epic 4G D700 with Custom Rom available on XDA developers. You can find official ROM(Click here) and Community ROM(click here). Personally I would suggest going for MIUI ROM or Cyanogen Mod ROM. These ROMs have different functionality and user interface.