Overclock Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 to 1.8GHz with this Easy Tutorial
One of best tasks, which Android Enthusiasts want to perform on their devices, is to get maximum performance from their device. Maximum performance mostly needed by those heavy games, which require lot of frequency from processor for smoother running. The limits of phone maker, can be skipped by rooting the phone, but still processor can’t be touched by any means mostly. The only thing we can do is to Overclock the device. Today, we’re going to teach you to Overclock your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to up to 1.8GHz. You read it right; your phone can be overclocked to 1800MHz now, which is awesome enough.
Galaxy S3 is already fastest mobile device on the planet now, thanks to it’s Exynos Quad-core processor, which runs at 1.4GHz. You can overclock it up to 1.8GHz by flashing the XDA Member’s netarchy and Hacre’s ‘Ninphetamin3’ kernel. This would enhance your device with the features of CPU Voltage Control Interface, Tweaked Deadline Scheduler, Debug overhead removed to achieve better battery and overall performance. The kernel also features GPU Voltage and Speed Control Interface, and also compatible with Triangle Away, alongside lot of other tweaks. Developer says, their kernel is compatible with all CyanogenMod9 ROMs, as far as they tested, they also hope that kernel would work perfectly on AOSP ROMs as well.
Disclaimer/ Warning: Flashing the third party kernel on your smartphone is considerably a very risky process, more than you can guess. Since, this Kernel will run your CPU at more than its configured speed, which can also damage or brick your device in terms of hardware. Also, it works for only Galaxy S3 i9300 model number, and is not compatible for any other carrier locked variants. Please note, installing this Kernel would void warranty of your phone, and we at TechClap.com should not be held responsible for damage caused to your device.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S3 should be charged minimum 80% before you continue flashing the ICS firmware on your device.
- We recommend you to Disable Antivirus and Firewall program in your Computer, to eliminate the any conflict.
- We suggest to manually make Backup of all data the Samsung Device:
- SMS/MMS Messages with SMS Backup & Restore App
- Call Log with Call Backup & Restore App
- Bookmarks, Applications and other data with many apps, like Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, and MyBackup Root apps. You can ‘NANDROID’ backup of ROM via CWM, from that backup you can restore ROM later, if anything happens wrong with the device. You should also make backup of your data and songs into the microSD card of the phone.
- You need to make sure that USB Debugging Mode is Turned On. Navigate to the path ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging’.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies, which will install Drivers on your computer. Make sure you have data Cable available and keep it near PC, which is essential to enable connectivity of PC and Phone.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be already Installed on the device, and your Samsung Galaxy S3 should be rooted.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S3 is running on Stock Firmware, as this kernel will not work on any third party ROM, such as AOSP or CM9 are not supported.
Assuming that you’re ready with the requirements i have mentioned above, lets proceed to the tutorial, where we have mentioned instructions for the same.
How to Overclock Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 Android 4.0 ICS Device
Step 1: Firstly, download the Ninphetamin3 Kernel which will overclock your device. Download Link.
Step 2: Now, you need to also download Odin, which is also essential in this process, as it is used to flash most of firmwares on Samsung devices. You can download Odin 3 v3.04.zip. Extract the contents of Odin Package to the computer’s hard drive.
Step 3: Now, you should shut down/ turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3 device, then you need to reboot into Download mode.
Step 4: To put phone into Download mode, press and hold Volume Down+Home+Power button until screen starts up, then you must press Volume Up which make phone into the Download mode.
Step 5: Now, run the Odin3_v3.04.exe which can be found in the folder you extracted in Step 2.
Step 9: Hey! It’s time to flash the kernel. Now, just click on ‘Start Button’ on the Odin Interface, and which will start the process of flashing kernel on your phone. If you got stucked after clicking Start button, or you got FAIL message with ‘Red’ color background, then just Disconnect phone from computer, Exit the Odin, remove the battery and then re-insert, now turn on the phone in the Download mode, and re-apply the process again.
Step 10: If kernel flashed successfully, and your phone will get reboot, and then you can install any app which can set CPU Speed. Most popular apps are CPU Control and SetCPU, which are free to download in Google Play Store.