How to Install Android 4.0 SDK on Windows Computer
Are you a technology geek? Would you like to stay up with the latest technology? Do you want to explore the features of Ice Cream Sandwich, which is the latest android OS and also the newest and latest mobile OS? Don’t you have an ICS powered android device? Do you still wish to explore all the features of Ice Cream Sandwich? Then, this guide is for you. In the due course we will teach you how you can check android OS in your windows powered computer. This is done by setting an emulator in android SDK and this is the best possible way to run Ice Cream Sandwich. This should solve your problem of not having an ICS powered android device yet you can explore the features of ICS.
Android SDK is the official development kit from android which helps in development of android operating system and its applications.
How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich SDK on Microsoft Windows PC:
- Before we continue, one needs to download the latest android SDK installation file and install it. You can find the SDK file here.
- Assuming that you have installed the SDK package, we are continuing.
- After the installation of SDK, open the SDK application and update all the packages that are available for android.
- In the package, you can find ‘Android 4.0′ package, now select it along with ‘Android SDK Platform-tools’ which you can find under the ‘Tools’ section.
- After selecting the above options, click on ‘Install Packages’ option which is available towards the right end corner.
- After selecting the ‘Install Packages’ option, you will get a pop-up which will ask you to confirm the selections and accept the license terms.
- After, accepting the license terms, click on ‘Install’ option to proceed.
- Now, the SDK manager will start downloading the necessary files and it takes few moments before the setup is completed.
- After completing the setup, click on ‘Tools’ which can be found in the menu bar and click on ‘AVD Manager’ from the drop down.
- Assuming that you are in ‘AVD Manager’, we are continuing. Click on ‘New’ to create a new virtual device for Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Enter the name as ‘ICS’ and select ‘Android 4.0-API Level 14′ from the drop down. Do not change rest of the settings. Click on ‘Create AVD’.
- After completing the above step, you should be able to see a pop-up which will prompt. Click on ‘OK’ to continue. Now you have successfully created the virtual device which runs on ICS.
- Now, select the virtual device which you have created and click on ‘Start’. You will get a pop-up and click on ‘Launch’ from the pop-up.
- The booting starts for running ICS. This will take some moments for the first time. After the completion of booting Android 4.0 is ready and running in the emulator and it continues to the welcome screen.
That’s it. Now, you are ready to explore the latest Android OS (Ice Cream Sandwich) in your windows and you do not need any android powered devices too. Just in case you are held up with any of the above mentioned steps, do not hesitate to reach us out. We will be more than happy to help you out.
How to Install Android 4.0 SDK on Windows Computer,